cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Port Out

Eandler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I keep getting a technical service failure error from a new provider when I try to port my number from Public Mobile to a new provider. I don't receive the SMS text to approve the transfer on my Public Mobile SIM and have yet to receive a response from @CS_Agent after multiple attempts. Feels like Public Mobile is holding my number hostage and this is becoming very frustrating... 

7 REPLIES 7

@Eandler you say PM account is active . Do you have the SIM card can you make phone calls and text with PM SIM card ? If you can . You should be asking new provider to start the port request leaving PM sim card in phone and reply YES to the confirmation text to port number 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Eandler   Porting out of PM is the responsibility of the new provider, is it possible the problem is at their end, i.e. not sending the request to PM for some technical reason?  Have you contacted their customer service?

@Eandler wrote:

Is there a phone number to contact this team? They are not replying within the hour for me. In the past 24-48 hours, I've sent a private message to @CS_Agent , completed a new ticket request and also responded to a ticket from a few weeks ago. And so far nothing back. 

@Eandler No phone number, everything is done online, they advertise this. I have submitted 3 messages to CS in the past 48 hours and have heard back on all of them. Not sure why your experience is different.

Eandler

Is there a phone number to contact this team? They are not replying within the hour for me. In the past 24-48 hours, I've sent a private message to @CS_Agent , completed a new ticket request and also responded to a ticket from a few weeks ago. And so far nothing back. 

@Eandler  They usually reply with in the hour sometimes longer but 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Eandler

Yes, my PM account is active. I've submit a ticket previously when I tried to port out three weeks ago and never received a response from support and gave up and stayed with PM. And now I'm frantically trying to get this approved again to transfer during a Boxing Day deal and same thing - no response to my ticket submissions....

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Eandler  Is your PM account active ? It needs to be to port number out . But you can submit ticket with support  and ask them to verbally approve the request 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.