cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

FlankSinatra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went with a different company but I can’t transfer my number over without renewing my plan to receive an SMS for a code confirmation. The cheapest plan is $34.50 after tax. Feels almost like a fee just to get ahold of my number. My iCloud, CRA and other accounts are all tied to it. Is there a way around this? I’d rather just pay per text use like back in the day. If not I’ll just cancel. I can’t even figure out how to cancel from the website. I can’t use any apps on my iPhone without having my iCloud that needs that number. LOL

Thanks in advance! I’ll bravo someone if it helps! 

5 REPLIES 5

FlankSinatra

Thank you for the info! I’ll renew it just to save the headache of switching it over everywhere. If Bell becomes frustrating with random overages then I’ll be back. The community is awesome. Thanks for your time and thankfully it’s only been a few days past due.

FlankSinatra

Ok I’ll do that. It’s only $34.50 but worth it over the headache via changing it everywhere. Just frustrating as I can’t access my Scotiabank until Friday. Ah well, first world problems. I appreciate your time and info! 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@FlankSinatra , which carrier brand are you switching to?  I think if you are going to another Telus brand, it is possible to port with a suspended account.  This has been mentioned in the community.  Policies can change from time to time.  

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

this is normal, your account must be active to port out, unless you porting to Koodo or Telus 

if you are not porting within Telus family, sorry, you need to renew to port the number 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Sadly @FlankSinatra it's the only thing you can do. But if your account is under 89 days, you can just renew what you had before. If it's over 90 days, that number is now gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.