Did you mean: 

Canceling old provider

Jackie24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • How do I keep my number and cancel my old provider 
4 REPLIES 4

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@roboticLOGIC I totally agree with you on this being the best way to port in a number from another provider.

roboticLOGIC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Jackie,

The best thing to do to avoid any service interruptions, in my opinion, is first sign up for Public Mobile using a random number provided by Public Mobile during the sign up process. Then, when your account is created, sign in to it on a computer and click on "Profile" on the bottom left side of the page, then scroll down and click "Transfer Phone Number" on the right side of the page. Complete this process to port in your old number to replace the random number given to you by Public Mobile. This process can also be done through the phone app, but the locations of the buttons I described will be slightly different.

Edit: I forgot to mention that doing this will automatically cancel your plan with your old provider.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you don't have to cancel.  Port in your number and the porting process will take care of it

and make sure you get a friend code to save $10 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Jackie24 

don't cancel old carrier.  Activate a new line, the request porting.  Once ported, your old account will be closed

Need Help? Let's chat.