cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel service and then reactivate - can I use the same SIM?

inbed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I got my mom a moto G5 and is on a $20 a month plan. She does not like the phone. So, I want to cancel her public mobile plan for a couple of months while I save to buy her an older iphone. 

The question is, can I then reactive her account and use the same SIM card? Or, what else are my options?

I also saw that there is some kind of 90 day period before things get deleted. Can someone please explain that?

Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2

Don't cancel your services.  In fact, I don't believe there's even a way to cancel Public Mobile, other than to stop paying.

Just don't pay for a couple of months.  To ensure that, you'll want to make sure to disable preauthorized payments.   At that time, you can resume paying and then, keep using your Public Mobile service.  But, don't wait more than a couple of months, because after 90 days of an account being in suspended status (from the time that payment was originally due but wasn't paid), the account will be permanently closed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@inbed, SIM cards cannot be reused.  Having said that, you can place your current account in suspended state for up to 90 days and then reactivate the account.  In doing so, you will be able to continue to use the existing account and existing SIM card.  To use the account suspension feature, simply do not pay for the renewal when it comes up.  If you are using auto pay, simply remove the credit card and disable the auto pay feature.  If your account has funds in it, you can use the lost phone feature to stop the account from renewing.  When you are ready to restore use of the service, just toggle the lost phone feature. 

Need Help? Let's chat.