cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel pre-authorized payments

Katzengatos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I’ve looked everywhere and I cannot find a way to cancel pre-authorized payments. I’ve even called 611. I only see a toggle to cancel my subscription, which cancels pre-authorized payments BUT ALSO my mobile subscription. I just want to cancel pre-authorized payments AND keep my mobile subscription. How?

4 REPLIES 4

GGC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

STEPS:

1. GO TO PAYMENTS ON YOUR LEFT. CLICK IT

2. ON THE RIGHT SIDE YOU WILL SEE MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION. CLICK IT

3. NOW CLICK ON THE WORD SUBSCRIBE AS ITS ON. THIS SHOULD  DO IT.

ON MY SCREEN ANYHOOS IT SHOWS THIS . GL

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Canceling your subscription,  is how you turn off the auto payments yes. Yes, it also can cancels your service if rhe renewal date comes and there is no funds available or payment methodon file,  but as long as you do not exceed 90 days without making a manual payments you are fine. 

Having pre-authorized payments are better as it will ensure your services does not get any interruptions. 

If you forget to top up  then you might find yourself without service for a day or 2. 

@Katzengatos wrote:

I’ve looked everywhere and I cannot find a way to cancel pre-authorized payments. I’ve even called 611. I only see a toggle to cancel my subscription, which cancels pre-authorized payments BUT ALSO my mobile subscription. I just want to cancel pre-authorized payments AND keep my mobile subscription. How?

The item called "subscription" in your Public Mobile account is very poorly named.  That isn't for cancelling any service subiscription. it's only for cancelling (or enabling) autopay. 

Need Help? Let's chat.