cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel port request?

Lunadog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently signed up for PM for a phone plan. I am in the process of transfering my number over but failed to port to PM since I didn't get my account number from my old Service provider. My old provider informed me to that I have to cancel the port request on PMs end in order to get the account number and go from there. If someone can cancel the port request so I can get the account number from previous phone provider that would be much appreciated.

this is the following email i got from my old provider (phonebox)

"
As you requested transferring your number to another carrier, we tried to generate the account number for you. However, Rogers has informed us the phone number is under pending port out request. It seems that you have already attempted to port out your number on the carrier that you're transferring to. When your line is tagged as pending port out, Rogers is not able to make further progress due to the duplicate requests. In order for us to provide you with account number, we kindly ask you to cancel your port out request on another carrier. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we will be happy to assist you further through your port out process. Please get back to us once you have canceled it on your end.

Thank you for understanding. 

Lunadog_0-1667848889474.gif

"

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Lunadog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

I ended up calling telus port line and they had to cancel the port before phone box went ahead with the port out request.  For the transfer page I put down my "client number" which was not my account number. Anyways it all worked out once I cancelled my PM port and got the actual account number from the port out request from my old provider! Thanks everyone

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i just did it for a friend it took 20 minutes for everything

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lunadog   you don't need to cancel the porting request here.  If you didn't give enough information, the porting request is not "halted"

you just need to call back your old carrier (yeah, tell them you canceled the porting request, who cares..), then ask them for the account number

Once you got the account number, you call PM porting support team to re-generate the porting request.  

Once they re-generate the request, you put your old carrier sim card back and wait for a text from your old carrier, and reply YES to complete the porting request.

I will message you the porting team number.  Check our Community inbox

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Porting to PM should be straight forward: you request porting out at other provider, leave other SIM in your phone, reply Yes within 90 minutes or receiving SMS from Other provider; all done.

I would suggest to contact agent and explain all that to them. They should be able to guide you what to do not to mess up even further. You can ask them to give you phone number of porting group if that will help out.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That's confusing. So what did you fill in on the transfer page? Is your old number showing here now on this account?

Put your old sim in a phone and call the number in the link and then confirm the transfer.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Help-with-porting-my-number-from-Rogers/m-p/123686/high...

Need Help? Let's chat.