cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Account

EWPerih
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Due to the death of my husband, I need to cancel his cell phone plan with Public Mobile.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EWPerih 

I am sorry for your loss. You may want to maintain the account on the lowest plan until you are sure there are no accounts with your husband's phone number attached for 2FA are left unaccessed and/or closed. You could also suspend the account via lost/stolen (before renewal at midnight eastern) if you want to maintain voicemail access or by removing autopay and reactivate before day 89/90 for 30 days service and suspend again so you keep access to the phone number if necessary.

I still run across the odd account after 5 years that my late partner had that I have needed to close or access that I needed to reset the password to do so and maintaining the phone number has made it hassle free. You may also want to consider passing the account along to another family member or friend who could use a rewards earning account that lowers their monthly bill possibly to $0? Or you may have someone who had a special connection with your husband like a grandchild or neighbour who might find comfort in having the account as a bequest?

Alternatively you could donate the account.....I actively seek $$ rewards accounts to pass on to members of society with low or fixed incomes who would really appreciate being able to stay connected with a mobile account that they can afford to budget for with their limited funds. If this is something you would consider please feel free to contact me via private message.

I'm also twice widowed so if you just need a sympathetic ear or someone to talk to I am happy to provide support in that regard as it takes time but it does get a little bit better every day.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear this, @EWPerih 

Unless you have your own mobile service, you can use his, if it's convenient to retain a service for yourself.  Depending on which reward plan was in place, it may be lucrative to retain that account.

Otherwise, follow above advice on how to close the service.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@EWPerih 

Sorry for your loss.

If you don't know the login information, you'll have to get help from a Customer Support Agent.

Send a private message to CS_Agent

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@EWPerih sorry for your loss

Can you login to My Account, if so, you can login and disable Pre-auth. payments.

if you are unable to login, open ticket with PM support and they can assist.  Just message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@EWPerih @Login to your pm account and disable auto pay 

Need Help? Let's chat.