cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada US promotional plan

Alan10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just upgrade my subscription to the Canada-US 5g Promotional plan.   Now when I try to make calls in California I get a " Your phone is not activated" message.  I when into the self help portion of the website and it says that my phone should work in the US and that unlike a roaming plan there is no set number 

31 REPLIES 31

Alan10

All is good, after the updates I let the phone alone for a few hours and It reactivated.

Not sure what the solution to the problem was but many thanks to whoever fixed it on your end.

Sorry about that 😕 

Alan10

I am letting my phone do all up dates be back in three hours Lol.

thanks for trying 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like it could be related to the VoLTE issues today. Users are having issues in Canada too.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/LTE/td-p/1156616

Alan10

Roaming is turned on.  How do I bump this up to the next level if there is one?

Alan10

Roaming is turned on and I switched to AT&T and am in the process of rebooting now.

I wish I had never switched subscriptions it just seemed like such a good Idea at the time.

Yea, not sure what else to say... make sure roaming is turned on.

Alan10

Still getting the "7B1 your phone is not activated on the network call client care, blah blah blah" message

will reboot a fourth time

Alan10

Ok will do

Might have to reboot a few times. Try AT&T 

Alan10

Yes I did.  I will try just about anything right about now.

Alan10

I will just use Face time as I do have wifi.

HI @Alan10 

this is not a roaming issue, people in Canada got that too

for voice, you can use VoIP app TextNow as a workaround until issue is resolved

Alan10

I have an i-phone 12.

I am connected to t-mobile LTE

I turn VoLTE on and I get a "Cannot Activate LTE Calls to enable let calls on this account, contact Public Mobile

Did you try the tips that I gave you in my prior message?

Okay so this plan. What phone are you using? It needs to be VoLTE compatible, though if you're getting that recording you are connecting, so probably good on that front.

Are you connected to AT&T or T-Mobile? And have you set your preferred network to 4G instead of 5G?

1000011445.png

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Alan10

x1 $39 ULUS CW Base Plan-60GB-5G 

Alan10

I just responded to your and Susan's emails with the info

As I said, that's not telling you/US what we need to know. You're looking up generic info. You need to find info specific to your account. This is the Community forum, which is separate from the site you login to you access your account.

Alan10

That came from the get help button on the top of this page. search Canada US plans

Yes those would be the benefits and perks.  Did you log into My Account to ensure  you did indeed have the plan. If you do  add-ons wouldn't be needed.

That sounds like generic website content. What does your subscription look like when you login to your account? It sounds like you don't have a roaming plan yet, which leads me to speculate that you may have scheduled the change to a roaming plan for your next renewal date.

Alan10

This is what the wed site says under get help.

Benefits of CAN/US Subscription Plans

Public Mobile’s CAN/US plans let you conveniently use your plan anywhere, whether you're at home or traveling in the United States. Unlike a roaming add-on, your access to service in the United States is not limited to a certain number of days. You’ll enjoy the same data bucket, data speeds, and plan features on both sides of the border, no plan changes required.

Not enjoying it yet.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Are you sure you have a roaming plan? Did you maybe schedule it for a future date? What type of phone do you have?

Alan10

7B1 your phone is not connected to the network call client care.

I tried to buy a talk add-on but now it only wants to sell me a data upgrade.  Because I don't need a roaming plan with the new subscription I bought

OlivierR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is your phone model? Recently the US removed 3g towers so if your phone doesnt support VoLTE it might be the problem

Ok try If possible, put your phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.   

If calls still don't work, put your phone to 2G and connect to T-Mobile. From the settings menu, turn on data roaming.

I hope this will be helpful. 

Alan10

I am In California trying to call a number back home area code (604).

I keep getting the message your phone is not activated on the network.

I am in the process of doing a complete update and rebook of the phone to see if that works

Alan10

No, I am in California.  Trying to call Home to Canada

OlivierR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The number you're trying to join start with those's numbers? 

"Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845."

Need Help? Let's chat.