cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send or receive text messages

Ahb6767
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve made no changes to my plan, and am not over my limit on SMS. Suddenly can’t send or receive SMS though. When sending, the status bar at the top gets to about 80% complete and then stops there. I eventually get a “message failed to send” error message.

9 REPLIES 9

@Ahb6767    FYI: iPhone best message settings

Settings >> Messages: iMessage ON; Send as SMS ON; MMS ON for PM >> Send & Receive: should show phone number and Apple id email address

Cellular data: OFF; to prevent iMessages using your data. Although this will prevent messaging anyone who only uses iMessage, when you are away from WiFi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Ahb6767

Ah shoot, figured it out. I had to turn off the flipping iMessage in Message settings. Not the first time this has caused problems, I should have known. Thanks for all the replies though, I appreciate it!

HI @Ahb6767 

If you got the number from My Account, it might be old cached  info.  Try to clear cache first and restart browser and try login again.  Or use Incognito mode or another browser

And try mms. I think this is the trick when text quota is reached

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to get all the incoming but click on the little refresh icons lower down to make sure you haven't hit the 50. Maybe the 33 is old data. Sometimes it can come up fast.

Ahb6767

plan = 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts (33 remaining)

Phone = iPhoneX

just trying sms, not mms 

HI @Ahb6767   did you try to send to different contacts?

Ahb6767

Yeah, did the old reboot first. No luck. Calls and data work fine, just sms is stuck.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What plan are you on? What phone do you have? Is it an SMS text or an MMS?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ahb6767   Try reboot the phone once

If you have an Android phone, clear cache first and try

Or try sending with another Messaging app.

Need Help? Let's chat.