cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send SMS

igorek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Newly activated account. For some reason I'm unable to send SMS messages. I've got Galaxy S7 Edge, latest software updates. Upon checking Message Center, it says Not Set and the button is grayed out for me to change.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

9 REPLIES 9

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@igorek wrote:

The account shows as active. The phone itself came from Telus (was on a contract). Unfortunately, the setting on the phone is grayed out and I cannot change it (don't have another phone to check). Is this something that can be forced updated from the account page?

Just noticed that my connection keeps dropping too, not sure if this is related to sms issue at all. Just for no apparent reason my phone says No Connection.

You can try the List/Stolen Phone trick (suspend and then resume service) to see if it will force an update.

Login to your account, click on Plan and Add-Ons, then select Lost/Stolen Phone.

Click Suspend Sevice and logout. Wait for 5 mins, then login to the same Lost/Stolen Phone tab and Resume Sevice. Restart your phone after and see if this helps.

Otherwise, you might need to borrow a phone from your friend, put your SIM card in and manually change SMSC number. This might save the setting on your SIM.

igorek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The account shows as active. The phone itself came from Telus (was on a contract). Unfortunately, the setting on the phone is grayed out and I cannot change it (don't have another phone to check). Is this something that can be forced updated from the account page?

Just noticed that my connection keeps dropping too, not sure if this is related to sms issue at all. Just for no apparent reason my phone says No Connection.

The messsage centre number should be set to +16475800172.  Until you have that nubmer set as your SMSC, you will not be able to send any text messages.

@hycm53 Most versions are, but not all, specifically the Japanese versions. Check https://willmyphonework.net/

@Alex888According to the website https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge

@igorek has Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is compatible with PM.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@igorek Which version of phone do you have exactly? Some of them are not compatible with Public Mobile.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

Turn phone off and take SIM card out, then restart phone, put SIM card in.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@igorek wrote:

Hello,

Newly activated account. For some reason I'm unable to send SMS messages. I've got Galaxy S7 Edge, latest software updates. Upon checking Message Center, it says Not Set and the button is grayed out for me to change.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Here is a similar post for a Samsung S7...have a read through

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Can-t-send-SMS-texts-but-can-receive-...

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@igorek 

Hi. Are you able to make and receive phone calls? When you login to self serve account, does it show as being Active? Is your phone unlocked? IS phone compatible? if you're unsure, check that at willmyphonework.net

Need Help? Let's chat.