cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive or make calls!

SnakeHetfield
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to Public Mobile yesterday and I cannot make or receive calls. My Phone is a Huawei Cun-L01 and I think my apn settings are correct but still need some help!  

Cheers

Dylan 

11 REPLIES 11

Harry2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I already fixed it and by the time anyone can get any help on here they either fixed or switched companies because the support is crap

@SnakeHetfield wrote:

I just switched to Public Mobile yesterday and I cannot make or receive calls. My Phone is a Huawei Cun-L01 and I think my apn settings are correct but still need some help!  

Cheers

Dylan 

Hello,

In cases in which you can't make phone calls, there is never a reason to make any changes to APN settings.  APN setttings actually have nothing to do with phone call functionality.

Phone manufacturers often make more than one version of an advertised phone model, and if you don't have the correct variant that lines up with what you need, it unfortunately won't work.  I am wondering if that is the case here.  You'll need a phone with UMTS 850/1900MHz for phone calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

First Try it To Reset Phone To Factory Settings.
And if You Not Working >

You Need Send a Private Message Click here 

In Your Message Put it, Please include .
- Your Account Number , if You Have it , Or Email Address .
- Your Phone Number And 4 Digit PIN .
- Your Name .
- Detailed Explanation Of Specific
- Them Can Help You a Lot Nice Team Service

Good Luck

@SnakeHetfield wrote:

Hey guys thanks for the responses

I can receive calls and texts and my data works, I think one of the problems may be that I have signal with my 4g activated but not with my 3g, and the $30 plan I got is for 3g coverage I don't know if any of this makes a difference! I got my phone back home in Ireland, just moved here. I private messaged them about a half hour ago but no response yet!

I think you got the mail on the head.  Your phone has limited LTE band support.  If you select LTE only, you might not always get a connection.  Since the phone is fully compatible on 3G, you won't have connection issues.  The data is always LTE preferred, 3G refers to speed throttling.  Anyway, you can select 3G or LTE preferred if the latter option is available on your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harry2, If your account is up to date/active, and you are suddenly unable to make calls, then you need to send a private message to the moderator team so that they can investigate this.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Harry2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having same issue. I just tried to make a call and said I don't have talk but my plan includes unlimited talk Canada and US. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Dual SIM settings

When two SIM cards are inserted, only one SIM card can be set as the 4G/3G/2G SIM. The other SIM card slot only supports 2G networks. You can also configure the default card for mobile data and phone calls according to your monthly plan.

You can read more here: click here

SnakeHetfield

Hey guys thanks for the responses

I can receive calls and texts and my data works, I think one of the problems may be that I have signal with my 4g activated but not with my 3g, and the $30 plan I got is for 3g coverage I don't know if any of this makes a difference! I got my phone back home in Ireland, just moved here. I private messaged them about a half hour ago but no response yet!

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was there a porting number in involved?

It’s always better to continue using your old mobile carrier until it stop working, then you know that porting has completed. Swap SIM cards and enjoy your new service!

If port number was involved, the your number porting is stuck! 

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help you!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile phone number, and PIN.
Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

+++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Please, check your APN settings here: click here

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Your phone is 3G compatible. Is it double SIM phone?

1.jpg

Fenix
Did you do a number trransfer? I'm pretty sure those take a while longer than a new number. If so, just use your old phone # until it stops working. If not, maybe your phone does not support the frequency band required by Public Mobile network as mentioned earlier.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

where did you buy your phone?  an initial thought was bands were not supported but I found this http://phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&id=10293&c=huawei_y5_ii_cun-l01_4g_lte and i think they are.

does yor data work?  did your activation go smoothly? is your plan active? and look correct in self serve?

Need Help? Let's chat.