cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Activation Failed

tiffanysirena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was trying to activate my sim card today and when I got to the final summary screen it showed that my account was created and ready to go but beside it a red text saying there was an error in activation and that I should see help in the Community forum.

Also, when trying to login to My Account it says "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

Can someone from Public Mobile help me?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just went through similar about an hour ago. Went through all the account set up and got "there is a problem with your credit card" (used a Visa debit card). Then tried it again and got invalid SIM. then went and checked my bank balance and saw that the payment had gone through.

Next I switched out the old SIM for the PM SIM and it was activated and working despite the errors. I then went back here,

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

and used the create account option using the same email I used for the activation/payment as well as my phone number which I had ported over. Went through all the steps and it created my account with all the info from the activation setup.

No idea how or why it actually worked, but if you haven't give it a try and see.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'll tag @Mary_M for you.  Send her a private message with your phone number and she can take a look

Need Help? Let's chat.