cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive incoming calls

Abby5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I referraled a friend a few weeks ago and helped her active her SIM card. But she still can’t receive in coming calls. How can I help her to fix it? Please help. Thank you very much.

8 REPLIES 8

@Beth27 wrote:

You need to deactivate the old account or the phone provider to access the new account from public mobile. Hope you already fix your friend account

That isn't how number porting works.  When porting a number from one carrier to another, the serrvice at the old carrier automatically cancels after number porting has completed.

Beth27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You need to deactivate the old account or the phone provider to access the new account from public mobile. Hope you already fix your friend account

Abby5

Thank you very much.

Abby5

Thank you. How to reset it?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Abby5 

If your friend was porting here and DIDN'T reply YES to the port authorization request from her prior provider, it'll need to be resent.

Ensure their prior providers account is still active, have them put the prior provider's SIM card back in, then request Public Mobile to reinitiate the port request from there to here.

To re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Abby5   If she ported over a phone number, it probably didn't happen completely.  I'll send you a phone number to call to have it looked into.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Abby5 

Did your friend port a number over? Has your friend tried rebooting, resetting network settings, reinstalling SIM card. Have you tried sim in another unlocked phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.