cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts

torontovik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up with PM on a $50 plan having transferred my number from Freedom.  Data works fine, but I am able to make calls but NOT receive them.  I can send texts but NOT receive them.  I have tried to use iPhone 5s, Nokia 6.1 and Xiaomi Mi 5x, same story on all these phones.  Any ideas why everything works except actually receiving calls or texts?

9 REPLIES 9

naluukti

Hey OP - did it end up getting sorted?  Did it work on the Nokia 6.1?

torontovik

Ok 24 hours, sounds reasonable although I had no idea it could take this long. All good nonetheless. Thank you.

@torontovik wrote:

Thank you, that makes sense as I haven't received that text. I think it has been about 4-5 hours since my number should been have been cleared to move over to PM. But fine with waiting some more since this doesn't seem to be a device, settings or a SIM card issue. 

@torontovik  Others have reported ports taking 24 hours to complete lately so you need to be patient.

torontovik

Thank you. Message sent.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Could be an issue with number being ported.

You will have to contact the moderators to get access, you can send them a private message here: link

torontovik

Thank you, that makes sense as I haven't received that text. I think it has been about 4-5 hours since my number should been have been cleared to move over to PM. But fine with waiting some more since this doesn't seem to be a device, settings or a SIM card issue. 

@torontovik wrote:

I just signed up with PM on a $50 plan having transferred my number from Freedom.  Data works fine, but I am able to make calls but NOT receive them.  I can send texts but NOT receive them.  I have tried to use iPhone 5s, Nokia 6.1 and Xiaomi Mi 5x, same story on all these phones.  Any ideas why everything works except actually receiving calls or texts?

My experiences are that porting in from Freedom Mobile takes about 30 minutes. If you're expecting to receive calls during this time, you may wish to keep using your Freedom sim card.  The Freedom sim will stop working when the process is complete.  If you're not concerned about incoming calls and text messages at the moment, you can continue using your Public Mobile sim card, meanwhile awaiting that text message saying that the number transfer has completed.

Just in case, I would have your Freedom Mobile account number available.

torontovik

Thanks! I will wait and see.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@torontovik wrote:

@torontovik  That's normal, it means that the port hasn't completed yet. When it s complete you will get a text from PM notifying you. In the meantime if you want to receive calls you can use your old sim until it stops working.

Need Help? Let's chat.