cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls and can't send picture texts

OKJoy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey there,

I just switched over to Public Mobile yesterday from Mobilicity. Data, outgoing calls, and sending and receiving texts works. But I can't receive calls or send picture texts.

I'm using an ASUS Zenfone 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

OKJoy

So receiving calls and texts works now, but I still cant send any picture texts, it gets stuck at "sending" and never gets sent. been trying to change the APN settings but nothing seems to work!

OKJoy

Thanks Shazia!  I'm going to test calls and texting, hopefully it works now.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @OKJoy

I'm sorry to hear about the porting issue, 

Can you please send me a private message with:

-The number you are porting

-Account number with previous provider

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rick
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello there,

There was an issue porting your number which is why you are not able to recieve anything. Please make sure your number is active and that the account number, imei or pin your provided for porting the number is correct. If you have disconnected the number with your old company your will need to make it active and try porting again. You can redo the port of the number in self serve; under the plans and addons tab you can find the change your number and redo the port from there.

Cheers,

Rick

OKJoy

Thank you for the quick response JaK, I just tested it, I can' t receive texts either. So it looks like neither texts nor calls can be received.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @OKJoy, welcome to Public Mobile!

It sounds like your port didn't complete fully, so will need to have one of the moderators look at it when they get back online in the morning, they can normally get you all fixed up pretty quickly. @Shazia_K@Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.