Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive any text messages

lngjenni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

@lngjenni wrote:

Thank you. Yes. I can dial out and receive incoming call. I can send text messages. I just can't receive any text messages from anybody. I have tried power off my iphone 8 plus and turn it on again. I put my sim card in Iphone 12 and it can receive text messages. I pub other person's SIM card in my Iphone 8 plus. They can't receive text messages. I called apple support. They told me it is not phone 8 plus issue. I should call my service carrier.

@lngjenni 

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lngjenni : That's some world-class finger-pointing by Apple there. You put the SIM of their finger-pointed service provider in another phone and everything works. You put another SIM into this phone and the problem persists.

Go back to Apple. Maybe some Apple folks will pipe in here in the meantime.

@lngjenni   you use iMessage?   Can you receive messages from iMessage?  you just cannot receive SMS/traditional text?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lngjenni 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

can you try to do reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

last think about factory reset iphone

lngjenni

Thank you. I am not a new user. I have been public mobile customer for 2 years. I didn't change my tel. #. It just happened from this morning.

lngjenni

Thank you. Yes. I can dial out and receive incoming call. I can send text messages. I just can't receive any text messages from anybody. I have tried power off my iphone 8 plus and turn it on again. I put my sim card in Iphone 12 and it can receive text messages. I pub other person's SIM card in my Iphone 8 plus. They can't receive text messages. I called apple support. They told me it is not phone 8 plus issue. I should call my service carrier.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lngjenni 

Try resetting the SIM card then powering off your phone and wait a few minutes then power back on.

This was the same issue with my friend.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lngjenni , we will need a little more background to the problem.  Did you happen to just sign up for the service and issue a number port from the old provider.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

can you provide more information?

you just cannot receive text?  can you receive incoming calls?

Outgoing calls working fine? outgoing text?  how about data?

did it just stop working and worked before? or it never work?

are you new to PM , just activated?

what kind of phone you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.