cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay with my US card as of recently.

limenuke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile stopped accepting my US credit card for this billing cycle. I tried re-entering all my details and it declined to charge my card. My card is not showing any attempt to reject a fradulent charge or anything - and it has handled my Public mobile charges for the past few years.

Any tips? I feel like maybe the state code is causing problems? 

8 REPLIES 8

If you tell the CSA your pin # it will be resolved 100%   So happy!!

Personally, I would like to see what the resident paste and copy poster  has to say about this. Wouldn't you?

Will it be long or short.

This is something that I pointed out to PM over a year ago. And they have made changes since and still show the same flaw. I would say....they DO accept US credit cards. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 7.22.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-20 at 7.22.37 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Colour me skeptical but I would guess they'd just say "uh yeah says here we accept all that" without looking to see if anything changed. But always worth the question.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible that PM recently changed policy which credit cards it accepts? Maybe they stopped accepting US cards?

Most correct answer will be provided by the agent through ticketing system.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@limenuke wrote:

Public Mobile stopped accepting my US credit card for this billing cycle. I tried re-entering all my details and it declined to charge my card. My card is not showing any attempt to reject a fradulent charge or anything - and it has handled my Public mobile charges for the past few years.

@limenuke 

Did you get some kind of error messages?

Try using a browser in private mode (ex. Chrome incognito) to see if you can get through.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@limenuke wrote:

@limenuke 

It sounds like payment failed just this past renewal; or, were you trying to top up your account?

If this was a failed Autopay, and your phone has no services, and you account currently is showing Suspended try topping up your account by selecting the Other option rather than choosing Amount Due:

esjliv_0-1627737309840.png

Then can you hit the reactivate button to get services going ?

@limenuke wrote:

A mismatching addresss is certainly a possibility.  However, you were syaing that the card was working before, so that might not be it.  If you've tried multiple times, it's possible that your card has been locked out by Public Mobile.  If that happened, you would need to contact a CSA by opening a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

In the meantime, you could use a site such as recharge.com to purchase a Public Mobile voucher, although there is a small fee to purchase from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.