cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in

thechunkyknot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am so tired of this been trying to log in to pay my bill. But I was been told there was an error with my password. Which I know it is the right password. So when I went to change my password. I was told I tried logging in to many times and won't let me change my password. If this continues I will leave and go somewhere else this is enough. I run a biz and can not use my phone can you imagine what it looks like to customers. How embarrassing

8 REPLIES 8

@HALIMACS   Do agree that customers probably should be able to glean enough info regarding using incognito mode to prevent the caching issue, however, I do feel posting personal info in this community is not obvious that it's an open forum to all, so PM should, at the very least, have warnings regarding that.

While I fully agree, you know as well as I, @dabr , that no matter HOW MUCH and HOW OFTEN any company posts information folks should know, a certain percentage will NEVER take the time to educate themselves.

It's the nature of the beast.

@yackinlyn   Yes, they should be by now or fix the stupid cache/cookies issues! 

They should also (by now) have some big red warnings when customers or potential customers post personal information which can include names/addresses, phone numbers and even CC numbers in this Community forum because they're unaware that they're posting on an open forum!

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

should PM have a big bold announcement at their web about using incognito mode? i only learn this from you guys, assume lot of people dont know this.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do not change password if you cannot log in first time. If you do manage to change password, wait 15-20 min before trying to log in again.Try one of these:

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@thechunkyknot 

Hi if changing browsers or password reset doesn't work for you then  to change/reset account email and password you need the help of a service rep 

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@thechunkyknot 

A few things to bear in mind with the "way too picky" self-serve here:

• People have more success logging in after clearing cache and cookies and opening an incognito tab
  • Others try using a completely different browser from a completely different device which do not have stored/remembered credentials
  • If you are using a device with stored credentials, sometimes when they autofill for you, the device also tries to automatically log you in. If yours does this, do not tap the sign in button while it is trying to log you in as it will deliver an error message

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@thechunkyknot 

You can try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.