cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in. [Generic Error (+ General Koodo porting issues)]

shrimpdude
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey y'all,

Just switched to Public Mobile from Koodo a few days ago, and I've been loving it so far. I was looking for the cheapest and best 1GB plan around...and as it turns out, that's PM's 2GB plan, haha!

That aside, I've encountered a few little issues that, from what I've read, are specific to people coming from Koodo to PM (as both are owned by Telus and share some resources.)

1.) Porting over my Koodo # required some staff assistance as indicated in the signup process. (Resolved quickly thanks to @Mary_M! Thanks! :))

2.) After the porting was complete, my self-serve login now no longer works. I get this when I try logging in:

Generic Error

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

I had read on the forums beforehand that Koodo and PM share email databases, and that I should use unique email addresses between both to avoid potential conflict. So, I preemptively changed my Koodo email address before porting, but perhaps I didn't give enough lead time for everything to work itself out. I did receive some assistance changing my Public Mobile email address to a third email address of mine, but I still get the same error, and I'm not sure what I should do at this point.

22 REPLIES 22

Kimclen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey, i'm getting the same error.  I put in my payment info and while waiting for it to process I received a pin on my phone, then the generic error came up  ... Generic Error Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic. Log out and then log...  what do I do now?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Lol 🙂 Things will be back to normal soon, hopefully.

theodog

Thanks @Rockdaddy22

I just consider myself lucky that I have service.  

Rockdaddy22
What a great attitude:)

theodog

Hi @achong604

I still can't log in. I'm just not to worried about it yet.  

All I care about logging in a couple of months from now to update my payment info. 

Rockdaddy22
I doubt it, but his service is fully functional

achong604

Hey @theodog

Are you able to log-in to your account now? 

theodog

Hi @achong604

Give it some time.  My account login is still not working and it's been two weeks but my phone service works and it's been great.  

The mods are very busy sorting out porting issues or no phone service for others.  I know it would be nice to be able to log in but give them time.  

achong604

Hi @Shazia_K

I am having this exact same issue and have just PM'd you. Hope you can sort this out for me as well.

Thanks,

Albert 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @theodog,

thank you for bringing this to our attention!

As you may have seen, the generic error is a known issue and may require me to submit a ticket for you. I will be also sending you a private message shortly 🙂

Thanks!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Once things die down in the next couple weeks, these kind of fixes will be quick and easy. Thanks for understanding 🙂

theodog

You're right.  I'll wait. Hopefully it's working by the holidays.

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
So don't worry for now. You know how many people don't have service and need help. I know it sucks but just wait a bit.

theodog

Luckily, yes I do.

Rockdaddy22
Do you have service?

theodog

Hi @Shazia_K

Would you be able to help me log in to self serve as well.  After my port from Koodo, I can't log in and it's been a week now.

I'll send you my number by PM.

Thanks!

shrimpdude

Awesome, thanks @Shazia_K! Everything works great now.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @shrimpdude

Good news! the issue with your self-serve account has been fixed, I just tested it and everything is working smoothly. 🙂

I have sent you a private message with the new credentials to use.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

shrimpdude

Thanks @Shazia_K, PM sent!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @shrimpdude

I'm sorry to hear about the self-serve issue, 

Please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number and I will be glad to look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

shrimpdude

Thanks @Luddite. I have been attempting to log in via Chrome's Incognito mode periodically.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Likely you will need assistance from our moderator, @Shazia_K, to regain access to your account today. You should check in from time to time this afternoon to pick up any response.

While you are waiting you could try one more time after clearing your browser's cache, or try with a different browser.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.