cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get the internet to go on. It always says, "no internet connection".

eajhealy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I am downtown or in my car, I can not access the internet, yet, I have lots of data (4 g) left in my account. What can I do?

14 REPLIES 14

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You mentioned downtown or in car...does it work fine elsewhere?

Adding - not wifi.

@eajhealy   Yes, you have plenty of data left according to your screenshot.  Did you try rebooting or removing/reinserting the SIM?  If the APN settings are also correct, then I think you need to ask customer support to take a look at your account to see why you're having this issue.

Submit a ticket via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send private message to CS_Agent if unable to submit a ticket:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

edit:  BTW, one other question, your account is active (not suspended) right?

eajhealy

Is that what you meant?

eajhealy
Data & Data Add-Ons
 NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
250 MB at 3G speed25068.510181.490Active
2GB one-time data bonus204802048Active
5GB bonus51202212.0132907.987Active

@eajhealy   You said your data has worked in the past (not WIFI) with this phone?   Also you see data available in your account?

Here's link to the APN settings for an Iphone, just in case it's an APN setting issue:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

eajhealy

I have an iphone

Cell data is an optional toggle. You can leave it off until you need it. You can leave it on all the time. Up to you. Just know that it will slowly use the data for little sync's and all the incidental usage.

I wonder if there's just poor LTE reception "downtown".

@eajhealy   And you definitely see the data line in your self serve account under My Data/Add-ons on your overview page?

edit:  Sometimes just rebooting the phone or toggling airplane on/off will fix some of these issues.  Another thing to try is to remove the SIM card for couple of mins (power off phone first) and then reinsert and reboot.

eajhealy

it is active

@eajhealy   Go to settings (gear icon),then Connections and Data Usage and you should be able to see if the Data is toggled on or off.  This is for an android phone, so it might be a little different if you have an Iphone.

eajhealy

How can I know if the data is enabled?

@eajhealy   So did you check your phone and see that data is enabled?   It might have been turned off for a reason or some update changed your settings.

eajhealy

1) Yes, it did. 2) It's the same phone. 3) isn't the cell data automatically on? 4) yes for the overview page & on the phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did it ever work here? Is this a different phone? You have cell data turned on? Are you seeing that "4 g" on the overview page of your account? Or on your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.