cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get service

MrBill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've registered, selected a phone number, paid initial payment, and signed up for autopay.

However, when I fire up the phone, after the Nokia logo clears, it says phone restricted. I clicked the undo and it asks for a code.

I tried the SIM number, my account number, and the selected phone number, but all say incorrect. The Telus logo appears momentarily when I power it down.

Help, please

24 REPLIES 24

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill  sorry for that. We tend to get off track at times..

Back to your issue... We're you able to get the unlock code?

PS - tip when you hit reply there is a "quote" button at top right...this will quote the person you're replying to so we all know what post you're answering as sometimes there might be (as you can see with Mr Bill show pics) many posts.

@MrBill  I think you will fit well in these forums 🙂 once you're all set up take a look at link below how you can earn extra rewards towards your 30 day bill by assisting others on the community forums 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

@MrBill your curse jar works differently to mine 🤔, the one here is a punishment hence the pennies 😉since yours seems to be a reward the $work too👍and toonies even better.

@MrBill wrote:

Don't have pennies up here in Canader, no more, gblackma.

If I use loonies, might have a nice chunk of change for a few trips to Tim Hortons

MrBill

Don't have pennies up here in Canader, no more, gblackma.

If I use loonies, might have a nice chunk of change for a few trips to Tim Hortons

MrBill

Thx jb456. Was looking for the words tools, or settings... duh!

@MrBill call your previous provider and ask them for the unlock code. And make the coins pennies🤔 .

@MrBill wrote:

Well... seems Nokia changed ownership since my phone came out Smiley Frustrated

Gave me some links to pursue.

I fear I may be putting a lotta coins in the curse jar b4 this is resolved

MrBill

I'll try that if the links Nokia provided can't help, thx

@MrBill  yes. Scroll up and click topic options...then select newest first from drop-down

MrBill

Can't find any tools or settings in here.

Is there a way to configure the current posts to appear first, instead of last?

@MrBill wrote:

@MrBill  contact the company you got phone from.

Be it Rogers, Videotron, bell, whoever..they have to provide the code for you for free.

Out of curiosity what phone do you have? Because it's also important to check if it has right frequency / bands to work on PM

MrBill

MrBill

Ooooooh, like your help even better than Gblackmas, jb456. I'll check it out.

Thank you 2

😎 @Jb456, I think one @CannonFodder  😁is enough. And @MrBill has spoken.

@Jb456 wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks for choosing my response as the solution @MrBill . Glad that we could help you . Have a great week . 

@gblackma his issue is not resolved yet 😂😁 joking around with ya! Lol

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill  keep us posted after you get the unlock code from Nokia.

Once you're up and running test the following..

Calls outgoing / incoming

Text outgoing / incoming

MMS picture text

Data

If all works then Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 Enjoy the savings $$$

MrBill

Thx for the help

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks for choosing my response as the solution @MrBill . Glad that we could help you . Have a great week . 

@gblackma his issue is not resolved yet 😂😁 joking around with ya! Lol

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill  just checked with Nokia live chat..you can get unlock code from them..

Here's the link..

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_ca/support#contact-us

Do a live chat with them to get code for your phone

MrBill

It initially states, Phone restricted with an undo prompt below.

After clicking the undo option, it says, Enter restriction code, and the curso is blinking waiting for input

@MrBill wrote:

Error restriction code

Thats what appears on some Nokias when phone is LOCKED...

Contact the provider you got phone from for unlock code..

Enter Restriction Code" appears on locked phones when the SIM is changed.

A SIM is usually changed to use a new wireless carrier without buying a new phone because you can save money, increase phone value and expand service area.

MrBill

Error restriction code

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill wrote:

I've registered, selected a phone number, paid initial payment, and signed up for autopay.

However, when I fire up the phone, after the Nokia logo clears, it says phone restricted. I clicked the undo and it asks for a code.

I tried the SIM number, my account number, and the selected phone number, but all say incorrect. The Telus logo appears momentarily when I power it down.

Help, please

Does it ask for SIM NETWORK UNLOCK CODE??

That means your phone is locked to your old provider that you got phone from and have to contact them for the unlock code.

What exactly is the message say as there is a few different unlock/pin / PUK code??

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill your phone is locked to your last provider . Call them and ask them for the unlock code. They have to provide it for free.

@MrBill wrote:

Help, please

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MrBill 

It looks like that your phone might be locked. You may need to contact previous carrier to get unlock code.  It should be a free service. 

BTW, Was as your credit card charged?

Need Help? Let's chat.