cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Western Canada Network Outage, August 19, 2024

For discussion about network issues in Western Canada that started on August 19, 2024, please continue the conversation in this thread.

234 REPLIES 234

My husband and I have the exact same phones, both deal with PM, and he can call out and everything is working for him, I how ever can't call out.  

Kosolowich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cannot make outgoing calls. Why?

Roye

It's now 10pm and I still can't call out!

Roye

I put in a ticket at 8am and have received zero help or response😡 It is now 10pm.  Very poor customer service.

@Mitos  there was an outage earlier.  Some might be fixed while others still experiencing issues. 

Try to restart your phone and see what happens.

If still not working you can continue to wait for everything to be back up and running or use the orange chatbot to create a ticket to public mobile.

@Leviwalker777  known outage affecting many. hopefully it will be back up and running soon

jyvester

same problem in BC

Mitos

I am on 4G network. I can receive and text out. But, can not call out or receive phone calls. What's the fix?

Leviwalker777

What's going on?

Gigi121
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Weird…probably best to enter a ticket as pet slusagm’s suggestion below

MELDER

I am also in BC and put in a service ticket. I have received one reply and responded. Now I am waiting for further communication. I presume they are pretty busy with everyone that is having this problem.

Brycc1

Many Reboots.  Still not working.  I can send and receive texts.  I can receive calls but not make calls.

I think something missed in the billing.  My auto renew was today.  My account shows data is okay but my call minutes is at minus two.  My international texts are at minus one.  Very odd.

MELDER

I also live in BC and am having the same problem.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@elb @Saffire0 

some said the issue is resolved and they can make and receive now.  Telus also removed the outage note.  Try reboot the phone, try your sim in another phone if possible.  If still cannot make calls or receive, ask PM to check.   

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Saffire0

I still can't either. I'm in BC. Been over 12 hours now. 

Happybythec

i am having same issue and live in BC. 

Happybythec

Having same problem last 48 hours... just put in a help ticket.  

TUOZX2024

Same issue. In BC. Opened a titcket 2 hours ago. No response from the service agent.

elb

Mine certainly has NOT been resolved. Just restarted and tried it again.

elb

I just tried restarting, toggling airplane mode on & off.

Still cannot make outgoing calls.  I'm in Lloydminster.

yea dont know when it started today but yeah across alberta it was bad... but as someone says telus took off the post and i thought its been resolved clearly its not

XiaoLongBao88

yeah i messaged them and they created a ticket within pubic mobile side they said i have rebooted my phone took out my sim card and put into another phone to see if it was my phone but yeah same issue cant make calls but receiving works and texting and data!

MELDER

Charmaine12341, I am having the same problem. Funny thing is, my husband's phone is working just fine.  I have put in a ticket and hoping that they are able to resolve this issue soon.

slusagm

Telus took over PM like 10+ years ago, so, it has no correlation

With your problem,  some said the issue is resolved and they can make and receive now.  Telus also removed the outage note.  Try reboot the phone, try your sim in another phone if possible.  If still cannot make calls or receive, ask PM to check.   

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Irritableuser

Same thing for me.  Just noticed this evening.  Calls in and texts fine, not able to call out.  Nothing from PM.  Interesting that problems starting now, after Telus takes over and raises prices. Hmm.

slusagm

some said the issue is resolved and they can make and receive now.  Telus also removed the outage note.  Try reboot the phone, try your sim in another phone if possible.  If still cannot make calls or receive, ask PM to check.   

LowercaseK

I am dealing with the same issue,  all day Aug 19th.  Does Public Mobile have any kind of service update, just so I know when it should work ? 

MrRayhelp

thanks

@MrRayhelp 

Call out seems to be an issue today on PM network.

I hope it gets repaired soon.

slusagm

@MrRayhelp 

there was problem this morning

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Alberta-Voice-problem/m-p/1243328#M858105

Need Help? Let's chat.