cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Public Mobile Network with Realme 11

max_antipev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can anyone help with connecting to Public Mobile Network. 

Phone Realme 11, compitble. No issues with Virgin Mobile, but cannot connect with Public Mobile 

15 REPLIES 15

max_antipev

Thank you Sansan

Yes, I have submitted 2 tickets yesterday to fix issue, but no responses received. Only fast support I got right here with you and other people in the community.

I will try another one, but AI chat is so useless 🙂 for such cases.

And once I transfer the phone number again I will lose access to public Mobile account. 

Hi,

That's another chore also 😒, but since you can show it's not working and you just signed you, you have  better chance of getting a refund. Usually no refunds provided. 

Did you try to reach customer service to see if they could fix it first?

There are various ways to cancel the account.

Once you sign into the account online, slide the Subscribed button in green to off. Should turn  red.  This will prevent further charges to your credit card. After 90 days of non payment account will be closed.

2. Port your number back out to another provider. You would need to sign onto the account to get your account number to provide to new carrier first.

Once it's successfully ported, the account will automatically be closed. 

For the refund, contact pm via the chatbot. 

max_antipev

Thank you Sansan for confirming 

Is there a way to end subscription and a get a refund via online? I am going to go with another provider then again 🙂 

sorry it's not working for you.

Good luck 

@max_antipev wrote:

I definitely have no idea about the reason. But I saw one of the post in public Mobile saying if phone worked in Virgin Mobile it should work with Public Mobile. Some sites suggests that the device is compatible, but I am not an expert. 

That's not always the case.  Public Mobile is very restrictitive about the devices that it allows to use the LTE network for phone calls.  For devices that Public Mobile doesn't allow or for devices that can't use VoLTE, the HSPA network would be required to make and receive phone calls.  While I have no verified this details, the results that I have come across state that the Realme 11 lacks HSPA band 2 which is the most important of the HSPA bands used by Public Mobile.  

max_antipev

I definitely have no idea about the reason. But I saw one of the post in public Mobile saying if phone worked in Virgin Mobile it should work with Public Mobile. Some sites suggests that the device is compatible, but I am not an expert. 

Interestingly, while typing this reply, my phone stopped seeing the public Mobile network (before it could after adding APN as per Sansan's suggestion :Anthea had 2-3 bars). Phone did not change, but apparently some settings did.. 

@Sansan wrote:

Ok so it looks like the transfer was not completed correctly.  Did you receive the sms and replied yes? 

I will send you another message with the phone number for the porting team. Call them tomorrow.  You will need to put back your old sim in your phone when you call them to receive the sms.

This is the type of situation for which the porting team should not be contacted for (at least not yet). The porting team cannot help with an issue such as outgoing phone calls not working or data not working. it's important to first figure out what else is going on with either the Public Mobile account or the device.

@max_antipev wrote:

I cannot receive calls or make calls, neither mobile internet on Realme 11. Yes, phone transfer requested and it looks like completed in 1 hr. Interestingly , I tried my old Samsung phone with the SIM, and I can call. I did not check mobile internet though.

Maybe some settings on Realme 11 are still missing on my end? 

At least when it comes to APN settings, those being set incorrectly couldn't cause the ability to make or receive phoen calls.  Also, not being able to make outgoing calls isn't a number porting issue.  There could still be a porting issue, but you'll need to get to the root of none of your services working first.  Most likely, your account was not set up properly on Public Mobile's side of things.  For that type of issue, please use the chatbot to open a ticket and contact a Public Mobile customer support agent.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

I'm not actually convinced though about the compatibility of the device with Public Mobile.  According to some results that I have searched for, this phone might be lacking band 2 for the HSPA network.   Also, this device will almost certainly not work with VoLTE at Public Mobile, which could explain the lack of phone calls.

Ok so it looks like the transfer was not completed correctly.  Did you receive the sms and replied yes? 

I will send you another message with the phone number for the porting team. Call them tomorrow.  You will need to put back your old sim in your phone when you call them to receive the sms.

max_antipev

I cannot receive calls or make calls, neither mobile internet on Realme 11. Yes, phone transfer requested and it looks like completed in 1 hr. Interestingly , I tried my old Samsung phone with the SIM, and I can call. I did not check mobile internet though.

Maybe some settings on Realme 11 are still missing on my end? 

So you can receive calls but cannot make calls? Were you have able to make calls? Did you transfer your number recently?

Try another rebot. If still nothing  might have to engage PM. You can use the chatbot to create a ticket so that they can look into it for you.

max_antipev

Thank you so much. 

It sees the public Mobile network now. But I can not call (silence), and no mobile internet 🙂 

max_antipev

Thank you Sansan

This worked - I just added APN as you suggested and rebooted - and it worked: it sees  public Mobile now

However,  I still can't make a calls: it is making but long silence, no even sound that is connected or reached other person s phone. Maybe now it is different issue? 🙂 

@max_antipev wrote:

Can anyone help with connecting to Public Mobile Network. 

Phone Realme 11, compitble. No issues with Virgin Mobile, but cannot connect with Public Mobile 

Are you not connecting at all to to the network?  Does data work? Do phone calls work?  Unfortuantley, if there's no network connection, changing APN settings wouldn't help with that. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

Start by reset phone networks.  If that doesn't work, you might have to change your APN setting.

Delete your settings and add the below. Then reboot.

APN: SP.MB.COM

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN Type: default,supl,mms

or default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Need Help? Let's chat.