cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Sign In?

wisekal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

We have multiple accounts and seems all our other accounts (aside from mine) are unable to be logged in.

I get a code message everytime I try to sign in on Public Mobile My Account:

Yet these accounts use to work without an issue whatsoever. I did also notice the redirection to Telus now.

Tried resetting the password on the accounts, which sends a text, lets us in, but on reset, says it's not working.

No errors on the submissions. Passwords match. All requirements are met. Just will not reset the password.

Tried from multiple browsers (desktop) and then even from my mobile itself. Always the same issue.

Why is it that my account can be logged into, but others in our family who have accounts cannot access them?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

12 REPLIES 12

@popping    I don't know about other browsers much because I mostly use FF and always incognito mode for any logins.  Occasionally, I've used Chrome if having problems with FF (rare).   I use email alias for couple of household accounts that I manage and have had no issues logging into the accounts before or after the self serve account change.  I just tested logging into one of the accounts using alias email on Chrome too, and had no problems.  I use "+" alias for gmail.  

I do like the fact that rewards show up in the payment page now so we can bypass the separate login for Rewards account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv 
Chrome and FireFox browsers are installed on my laptop. Chrome is also my go to browser.  I use FireFox for high security login only.  I don't mind to move the new portal login to Firefox and leave community login at Chrome.  I avoid using incognito or private mode as much as I can.

@popping wrote:

@wisekal 

The new self-serve portal hates Chrome browser.  

@popping  Right!?

I normally use different browsers for other things, but Chrome is my go-to.

Chrome incognito has been working without fail for My Account. But still annoying to have to use this to make it work..🙄

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

Thanks that's helpful info....I don't use email aliases for my accounts either and would advise against them in regards to password reset issues they can cause.

wisekal

Yes, they do.

wisekal

Hello MrSpock! Thank you! That was much more encouraging!

I apologize for coming off short.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wisekal 

The new self-serve portal hates Chrome browser.  After playing with Chrome for 2 days, I switched to using FireFox on my Windows 10 laptop.  Everything works with my 8 PM accounts using FireFox browser.

Using Gmail Aliases

Login with Gmail aliases using "+" format does not work with the new portal ATM.   I don't know whether Gmail aliases using "." works with the new portal or not because I do not use Gmail aliases.

All 8 PM accounts, which I managed, are using separate email accounts.

Password Reset

I don't have password reset problem.  I always test the PM password reset email before reply.  I received the PM password reset email around 30 seconds this time.  Sometime over 1 minutes or longer.  The response time varies.  Therefore, if someone sends the reset password requests with less time in between each request.  By the time you received the first password request email, PM server may be processing the second request and void the first reset code.  It may be a timing issue. IDK.  But wait a bit longer before sending another request.

Pro Tips using Windows 10 Firefox browser

1. Always logoff your active session after use.  Otherwise, next login will get an error.  If the new portal let you logoff the error session, logoff and login again.  Everything works afterward.  I seldom clear my browser cache or use private mode.
  2. Sometime, I login with a blank screen without any error.  I restart FireFox and login again.  Everything works from that point.
  3. If I want to check on my current rewards, I use the Payment page instead of login to the "MyReward" account.  I found that this is the quickest way to find out my rewards.  The advantage of using the Payment page is that I cannot accidentally switch to the new points system because there is nothing on the Payment page which I can click on it accidentally.  But if I want to read the list of my referee's last 4 digits phone number, I have to login to MyReward account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wisekal 

Do the other accounts have email aliases as their username?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wisekal Hi we are all customers here like you, with the recent upgrades it seems to be an ongoing issue sorry if the response wasn’t up to your expectations hopefully a cs agent can help you

wisekal

Pretty standard response I am seeing from recent posts. A little discouraging.

A lot of people seem to be experiencing the same issue. Is this a known bug?

As mentioned, over the last month or so, I've noticed the login redirects to Telus, then redirects back after you've successfully signed in. So clearly some changes have been made to their server side. I wonder if that is affecting us? Were there any announcements or news regarding this change? I'm observant lol

Would be nice to see a global "we are looking into it" or along those lines if it is happening to the masses.

That said, thanks @MrSpock for your reply. I appreciate the steps to initiate support.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@wisekal 

tried use browser from computer, and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

still can't login then contact support team by private message CS_Agent  with each account info. to fix it or want to change email or set new password.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wisekal Hi try clearing your cache or use a different browser in ingognito mode reboot your computer if problems persist you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Need Help? Let's chat.