cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Retry a Failed Number Port

EmilySeager
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After setting up my account and subsequently activating my public mobile SIM I had incorrect information entered as part of porting my existing number to PM.

I've received the correct information from my provider, but when I select "Change Phone Number" from my self service account and enter my existing phone number it now says:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

This did not happen during the initial porting attempt, so I think there's just some confusion with my account thinking that the number is already assigned.

Data and outgoing calls work on my PM phone, but dialing my number from another line still causes my old phone/provider to receive the call.

How can I retry the porting attempt with the correct information?

4 REPLIES 4

EmilySeager
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for the prompt responses. I have written the moderators with the information requested above as instructed.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@EmilySeager sorry to hear about your trouble. 

What information was incorrect the first time?

did you port an incorrect number and now you are trying to port the correct number?

have you made sure the account name and account number you are entering in the port request form is the exactly same as how is it listed with your previous service provider?

also, please try the following:

- when entering your previous provider account number in the port request form, please try removing any dashes, hyphens, etc from the account number, it should be just be numbers. 

- before trying again please use a different browser such as safari or chrome or clear your browser's cache and history. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Send your request to the mods.

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address , pin number if possible
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We need some more details to see what your options are. 

What was the carrier you are porting from to PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.