cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Login

Jenner176
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

I’m trying to help my parents activate their new public mobile account. They’re trying to log in to their new account, but we’re stuck at the two factor authentication. It says they’re texting a code, but the phone number isn’t set up yet. The phone is locked to Telus, so I understand that that shouldn’t be a problem. 
thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jenner176 I just sent you a private message with a number to contact, please check your messages in the top right corner (look for the envelop icon). 

Hope this will help

Jenner176

Hi @eddieO , it sends a code to the email address and then once I put that code in, it says I need to verify with another code sent to the phone number attached to the sim. 

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another browser might work. Is it possible that the email address on file was not verified and therefor not being presented as an option to send to?

Gonzo2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jenner176  Whoa, that's really weird. I just checked, and mine has three options, Send text, Send email, Send voice message. Maybe try another browser? 

Jenner176

No we’re not porting a number, it’s an entirely new phone number. I’ve sent a message to customer support. 
thanks!

Jenner176

hi @Gonzo2, I thought that would work too, as I have that option. But when I click resend code, it only has text message or voice message as options. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jenner176 

if the phone number not setup yet, you won't be able to ask the 2FA to send to email

are you porting the number? if you are, then the code will send to your old carrier

but if you cannot receive the code no matter what, please message support agent:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gonzo2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Jenner176  There should be a link that says 'didn't get text' or something to that effect. Click on it and it should give you the option to receive the 2FA by email. Hopefully that helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.