cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect to Network

RHFAAL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I purchased a SIM card from Public Mobile, activated it and choose a plan.  I placed the SIM in my unlocked ZTE AXON phone but I am not able to make calls or texts.  It says 'Mobile Network Not Available'.  I went to my phones settings to look for available networks and the following came up; Bell, WIND, Rogers Wireless and TELUS CA.  When clicking on TELUS CA or Rogers Wireless, it says 'Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network'.

Is there something I'm missing? 

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pc5354 please try not to post the same question on multiple threads, it causes confusion.

I've replied to your other posting, over here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Transferring-your-number-to-Public-Mo...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pc5354
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the phone like last week with new number.

Everything work.

Two days ago, i ported my old phone number to Public Mobile.

Online said,"Ported successfully."

My phone still say Public mobile, but I can't call/recevie or data.

Data keep connect and disconnecting.

I tried insert my sim into another unlock phone.

I tried (triple check) the APN stuffs.

I tried reboot the phone, waited 5 mins, manual entered, etc........

I also contact the admin with a private message (almost 48 hours still no reply)

I don't know what to do from here now.

Any help is greatly appreicated.

Thank you.

RHFAAL

Thanks everyone for your feedback - it ended up being a faulty SIM card.  Great diognosis @computergeek541

PrincessTara13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You may try powering off your phone, then turning it back on.  And, if that option does not work, you may need to have your phone unlocked by the last service provider/carrier. 

As for making sure that the phone has the HSPA network setting enabled, we already know that it is.  The Bell and Telus network would be showing up if it was not.

As for APN settings, those have absolutely nothing to do with either calls or texts.

As for being unlocked, the OP would already know that it is since inserting a sim card from another carrier when it isn't would otherwise result in an unlocking code prompt (which the OP has already clearly taken care of).

Most likely, your sim card was never properly provisioned/activated/linked to your account and plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RHFAAL, I know a couple of people using this very phone on the Public Mobile service for a couple of years now.  The phone does not have the APN settings on file.  You will need to manually add it.  Do not manually search and select the network, just keep it on auto and everything will work. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RHFAAL wrote:

Hey, I purchased a SIM card from Public Mobile, activated it and choose a plan.  I placed the SIM in my unlocked ZTE AXON phone but I am not able to make calls or texts.  It says 'Mobile Network Not Available'.  I went to my phones settings to look for available networks and the following came up; Bell, WIND, Rogers Wireless and TELUS CA.  When clicking on TELUS CA or Rogers Wireless, it says 'Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network'.

Is there something I'm missing? 

Did you activate your PM plan in-store or online?

Did you get a new PM number or port you number to PM during activation?

Is you phone showing "Public Mobile"?  If not, your SIM card is not activated correctly and confirmed by the message 'Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network'.

According to the following thread, moderator needed to get involve to fix the issue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Your-sim-does-not-allow-connection-to...

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SchizoTerry

Go into network settings, then mobile networks, then network mode, then you select GSM/WCDME/LTE auto.

Dont forget to set the access point name (APN) for your picture text messaging and it's for your data too.

Here's the apn settings below

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

RHFAAL

Hi Hairbag,

I recieved the unlocked code and the sim card functions within the phone - but I'm unable to get any talk/text service.  Could it be the sim card?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Phone could be locked to previous provider. If so call them and get a free unlock code. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.