cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Self Serve

fast1fred
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my SIM today, and attempted to pay for a 3 month plan with my credit card. For some reason, the payment didn't go through, but I did get the verification e-mail, which I clicked to verify.

Now when I go to the self serve page, I can't log in. I get the error "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

When I click the Forgot Password link, I get the error "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

If I try to create account and enter my new phone number (it was not ported), I get the error message "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here".

If I try to do the account setup again (Activate SIM), I get an "Invalid SIM" error at the top.

25 REPLIES 25

JR2

I'm having the same issue. Help!

ayc412

I have the same problem! Number hasn't ported, but now doesn't appear to be eligible for porting.

I've pm'd @MarieHelene_L - hope she can help with this issue too!

Andrzej03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi sharia,

Thank you for your help. I was able to figure it out it's working now. I purchased the wrong package. Thanks for your support.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Andrzej03

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number so that I can verify that? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Andrzej03
I did te is roaming add on that expires in10 days, I was told that if o call before 1pm on the 10thday, than I can extend it. I tried calling and the calls kept dropping. So I went online and added the us roaming add on twice because I thought the first one didn't work. I hope that makes sense.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Andrzej03

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

I see that you have sent us a private message last night during our offline hours. 

In  your message you say: **I paid into my account for 400 min and I am in th US. I have been using my phone in the US just fine until 1 pm today when my service was lost.**

I would like to confirm that the 400 long distance minutes add-on is a domestic package and cannot be used outside of Canada. 

Can you please specify which add -on did you purchase?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Tony_T

HI @MNKate5

Please do not hesitate to go through here to register for your self-serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Thank you

MNKate5
Hi Mary_M
Could you please help me to solve my self serve service problem? Thank you

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @MNKate5!

Did you send a private message to Mary yet?

Be sure to include your public mobile phone number.  

MNKate5
Please help me
I am having an exactly Same problem

razakanjee
@Mary_M

Private message sent.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @razakanjee and @KL,@KL,

If you require assistance, and haven't done so already, please send a private message to one of the mods (including myself) with the required information. If you already have, kindly disregard this Smiley Happy

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

razakanjee

I was activating my SIM and Plan on the website and the session froze.

I waited for a while and I close the session and tried to start the process again and it seems that it would no longer take my SIM.

I can't log into my self serve account as it says it can't recognize me. I tried to reregister with my number and it says that I am already registered.

Not sure how I can proceed further.

Thanks

Raza

KL

When i try to login says my email and password fails and my email address does no exist when i submit forget password. I've recieved email from PM that i have been charged... sent email for help and no response.  This needs to be fixed!!

rocktext

Hi all, I just wanted to follow up with everyone... despite the delay and uncertainty in activating my account last week, I am happy to report that my phone is working. Mary manually activated. I then was able to port my Koodo number using the instructions within the community and within 10 minutes, my number was ported.

I also just activated and ported from Koodo a second number and everything ran smoothly.

Finally, some phones require that the APN settings be changed manually when your data isn't working upon activation, so you can also find instructions in the community.

It was worth the wait. 🙂

silentwords

Same issue here since 2 days ago. Just messaged Mary my SIM #, but if another moderator is on, please hop in!

rocktext

Hello, just signed on to PM and ran to the exact same issue... got verification email, wrong payment date, unable to access self-serve, talk and internet not working on phone. Thanks in advance for the help!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @teresaszet

I'm sorry about this, Mary is not in the office today but I'd be glad to assist you in this matter.

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? 

Thanks, 

Shazia

teresaszet

Hi,

I am also new to Public mobile and am experiencing the same issue.I just activated my sim card, paid for my new plan and verified my email. I noticed in my payment that the next payment renewal date is Oct 1, 2016 which is not correct as I am on a 90-day plan. I went to the self-serve account to tr to fix this howevery it says that my email is invalid. @Mary_M, would you be able to help me on both these issues? The next auto-payment date should be in December.

Thanks.

fast1fred

Thanks for the very speedy response. It's all working now. Smiley Happy

imm1304

Thanks @Mary_M for the amazingly quick solution.  You're awesome. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Got it, everything is now fixed 😃 @fast1fred

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

fast1fred

Thank you. I've just sent you a private message with my SIM #.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @fast1fred

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Sorry to hear that you came across some trouble activating, but I can most definitely look into it.

Can you please private message me your SIM card number ? 

Thanks,

Mary

imm1304

Hi @fast1fred!

Welcome to PM!

Sorry to hear that there is trouble with your new activation.

I will alert our super helpful moderator @Mary_M to help you get going with the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.