cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with a port

Smart_chick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my # over from Rogers wireless yesterday and it’s working on pm expect I can’t receive text messages, and my Rogers wireless account is still working. I’m gonna go crazy can a mod or someone help me fix this 

7 REPLIES 7

@itiness wrote:

with :

- Your PIN (4 digits number with Rogers)

- Your IMEI numer (tape on your phone *#06#)

I disagree with that part.  With number porting for wireless to wireless, it is usually a bad idea to use 2 pieces of information to prove to your old provider that you are authorizing the number port.  2 pieces of information just means that's now 2 pieces of information that can mismatch instead of 1.  In addition, PIN is troublesome to use because people often get confused or mix the PIN up with a PIN for something else.  As for the IMEI number, this can also be very problematic because sometimes the porting system will expect an older IMEI that was previously used in the account.  With the way official porting rules are setup, there is zero advantage to providing more information.  A port either gets approved or it doesn't.

For number portability, it's almost unviversally prefered that account number (and only account number) be used. Account number is static and never changes during the life of a customer's account at a wireless carrier.  There are a few exceptions to do this with some of the small reseller companies, but that isn't the norm.  I would say that the abililty to use PIN or IMEI is really only for backup purposes, if for some reason it's not possible to get the account number from the old carrier (them not co-operating or unable to get a hold of their customer service) or if you've already tried and failed using account number.  The combination of both PIN and IMEI shold almost never be used by default.

Smart_chick

Yes I can’t receive txt messages on my pm account 

So the one number is working on both your PM and Rogers accounts?

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you using an iPhone? If so disable the I message and then re-enable. Try that. You may need to reinsert the sim card and try. Let us know if this helps at all.

itiness

You will need to send private message to a Moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

with :

- Your PIN (4 digits number with Rogers)

- Your IMEI numer (tape on your phone *#06#)

It may take couple hours.

Hope this helps.

Smart_chick

Nope no one got back to me

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Did a mod not get back to you? 

Cc: @CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.