cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive text message

jerry11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I could not receive text messages about noon time on July 25, 2019. My phone is Samsung. I called them twice. They told me that the phone has no problem and to change the different Sim card to see if it works. After changing other Sim card, it works -- I can receive text messages. It means that it's my  service provider's issue. Now  I find out that I can receive picture messages, but not text messages. I wrote  a private message to Moderator team on July 25, but I haven't heard from them so far. I need immediate help by 6:00 pm on July 26. Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jerry11 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I got immediate help for the add-on service -- US talk and text roaming it expired yesterday although I didn't request immediate help. But for this issue, I don't get immediate help although I request it. It's over 24 hours now.  I tried to reboot twice. It still doesn't work. I care about the services more than money although I just paid monthly fee and got Add-on refund. I have to look for new service provider now.

When exactly did the roaming add-on expire? Seems as always srlawren hit the nail. The 24 hours is the next day after the expiry...not just simple 24 hours. Add-on expires say midnight of the 23rd. You would need to get past midnight of the 24th to get back to normal. It's a goofy quirk. If the moderators responded in a reasonable time then this could be fixed. Alas.

Edit: I guess you're gone now 🙂

jerry11

I told them the issue yesterday and today, request immediate help, still no reply. I have to go now.  Thanks. Sorry, no data, cannot reply you when outside.

@jerry11 hi that usually returns to normal within 24 hours but if you need a moderator click   here

jerry11

Thanks for your reply. I got immediate help for the add-on service -- US talk and text roaming it expired yesterday although I didn't request immediate help. But for this issue, I don't get immediate help although I request it. It's over 24 hours now.  I tried to reboot twice. It still doesn't work. I care about the services more than money although I just paid monthly fee and got Add-on refund. I have to look for new service provider now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

OP says MMS can be received, not SMS.  

@jerry11 were you recently using a US Roaming texting add-on that recently expired?  This symptom is exactly what happens for up to about 24 hours after the expiry:  you cannot receive SMS messages but MMS come in fine.  It will self resolve.  Try rebooting if you're still having issues, as by now it's probably already resolved itself.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@geopublic wrote:

@jerry11 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I check the usage history, only shown sending messages, no receiving messages. I don't understand that I can receive the picture messages but not text messages if my phone's issue. I also change different phones, it still doesn't work.

@jerry11  Dig you just recently activated the sim with PM? If yes, did you by any chance port in your number from another provider? If yes, that means the port is not 100% complete. If not, then best to notify PM to check your account.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

OP says MMS can be received, not SMS.  That is not indicative of any porting related problem.  Maybe the messaging software on the phone is broken.  But then again, the problem is repeatable on a different phone.  I feel like we are being typed casted for an episode of the twilight zone here.  Maybe the moderator team needs to do an account reset just to make sure there are no gremlins in the account. 

@jerry11 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I check the usage history, only shown sending messages, no receiving messages. I don't understand that I can receive the picture messages but not text messages if my phone's issue. I also change different phones, it still doesn't work.

@jerry11  Did you just recently activated the sim with PM? If yes, did you by any chance port in your number from another provider? If yes, that means the port is not 100% complete. If not, then best to notify PM to check your account.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

jerry11

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@jerry11 wrote:

I could not receive text messages about noon time on July 25, 2019. My phone is Samsung. I called them twice. They told me that the phone has no problem and to change the different Sim card to see if it works. After changing other Sim card, it works -- I can receive text messages. It means that it's my  service provider's issue. Now  I find out that I can receive picture messages, but not text messages. I wrote  a private message to Moderator team on July 25, but I haven't heard from them so far. I need immediate help by 6:00 pm on July 26. Thanks.

As @will13am suggested, follow this website to make sure your phone APN setting is correct:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jerry11, what you are saying doesn't really make sense to me.  To send and receive SMS, all you need is to have a connection to the network.  To send and receive MMS, you need network connection plus correct APN settings.  The SIM card is bad if the phone cannot detect the presence of a SIM card, in other words unable to read the SIM card.  That could also mean bad SIM reader.  We need a little more information on this issue to really understand what is going on.  As for contacting the moderator team, my recent experience suggest that you are going to need to wait two full days of time to get a response. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@jerry11 wrote:

Try the lost/stolen trick:

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-on tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  Then choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found. Restart your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jerry11 wrote:

@jerry11  Go into your selfserve and check your usage history logs for that period to see if the text was received by the system. If it was, then the issue is with your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.