cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can call out, but cannot receive calls

DanP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I ported my landline phone number over yesterday afternoon, and was able to call out from my cell within minutes. I cannot, however, receive calls, and it appears the landline is still receiving said calls. It's been more than 24 hours at this point, and I've tried restarting the phone, reinstalling the SIM card etc. all to no avail. At this point, I'm at a loss, and can't see why a port should take this long or be encountering this sort of issue.

5 REPLIES 5

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I concur that the landline ports take a bit longer. I also would suggest to contact moderator if takes more than 2 days or so from when the porting started (either inbound or outbound) to complete.
I did that last fall but as I recall there was first a delay of several days before it started.

As it was explained the landline ports go through a central office or agency that coordinates all landlines etc. And yes for a while outbound worked first then many hours later inbound calls. And once the landline went dead it wasn't long before all done.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If the issue doesn't resolve itself after a few days, feel free to reach out to @CS_Agent, they'll be able to look into the status of your number port and get any issues cleared up for you.

By the way, welcome to Public Mobile Smiley Happy

DanP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'll wait it out, hopefully it's on the 2 business day side rather than the week long side of the timeline.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

In a number port situation, the best way to tell when a port is complete is by continuing to use the old service.  When that stops working, the port is complete.  As mentioned home phone ports are a little slower than cellular ports. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Porting a landline to wireless usually takes longer than wireless to wireless.  Last I heard it can take at least 2 business days to a week.  If it takes longer than that, it may be a stuck port, and you'll have to get a moderator to help.

Do not cancel your account with your other provider; when the transfer is completed that account will cancel automatically.

Need Help? Let's chat.