cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can access Internet but says no Internet connection. Certain apps don't work unless on WiFi.

ronagali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having a weird problem in that my browsers, chrome and ecosia have a small banner that says "No internet connection" with a little cloud crossed out but I can still use the internet.

Don't know if this is related but also can't use certain apps unless on WiFi (Spotify, pokemon go) my partner has the same phone (Huawei p20) and doesn't experience any of the issues I am. Have tried changing APN to what was recommended on here, resetting phone, restarting phone, checking that I have data... Still searching for an answer. 

Screenshot_20210411_164725_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210411_165043_com.android.settings.jpg

• Screenshot_20210411_165040_com.android.settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210411_165033_com.android.settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210411_165028_com.android.settings.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm glad to hear that you the phone reset solved your problem.  These electronic devices don't work as we expect them to sometimes but happy you got it working.  🙂

ronagali

Hi all, thank you for your help and suggestions! I ended doing a phone reset before trying a full reset and it worked! Must have been something goofy in my settings somewhere. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez. We may as well all just pack up and leave and abandon the place to the mods. The efficacy of my suggestions are estimated at 95%. 🙂 This is an APN issue. No mods needed. 

It seemed the Mod's wanted to play, so i gave the contact.

No need to abandon ship.  😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

but you do need a Data Plan .

And to double it up even more...nor does one even need any kind of data on the account. Of course, there haven't been any plans without data for quite some time now...but there it is.

@Nezgar wrote:

@esjliv MMS does not take away from your data alotment, and will also continue to work even if your data alotment has been fully consumed. It does require data to be on to work though.

@Nezgar I know. I was wondering why you wrote that...than I read my post. 😂

What a different one word makes! Geez

Thanks for catching that. 👍

@esjliv MMS does not take away from your data alotment, and will also continue to work even if your data alotment has been fully consumed. It does require data to be on to work though.

@ronagali wrote:

Thanks for your response. Yes I am. I even upgraded my plan because mms wasn't sending or receiving properly even though its unlimited lol. 

@ronagali 

I know you mentioned you researched APN settings, but just in case, see here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

Have you tried:

• you SIM in another phone to see if that all works okay?
  • Network Reset on your phone
  • Factory Reset on your phone, last resort - make sure you back up first!

MMS does NOT (thanks @Nezgar ) take away from your Data Plan allotment; but you do need a Data Plan (and your data Enabled to send and receive MMS texts).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez. We may as well all just pack up and leave and abandon the place to the mods. The efficacy of my suggestions are estimated at 95%. 🙂 This is an APN issue. No mods needed. 

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello there!

In order to help you with that issue you can get in contact with one of the MODs by creating a ticket under the Community through the Chatbot. Your account will be reviewed to make sure everything has been provisioned in the proper way.

All the Best! 

Public Mobile Team. 

Hi @ronagali looks like the moderators are ready to help you.  It seems the suggestions provided by the community might be incorrect.... I said might 😂

It could be that your sim card was not provisioned correctly.  Contact the moderators by using the links already provided by @HALIMACS above.

Have a nice week ahead

RosieR

@ronagali 

Looks like one of the Mods is ready to hear from you - may as well put through a ticket, here's how:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronagali : Or the one called Mobile internet...the MVNO's should be like GID first and the other 4D or even 4D4F. Make it active flip in/out of airplane mode.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there!

In order to help you with that issue you can get in contact with one of the MODs by creating a ticket under the Community through the Chatbot. Your account will be reviewed to make sure everything has been provisioned in the proper way.

All the Best! 

Public Mobile Team. 

ronagali

Thank you for your reply, I'll give that a try and update when I have done so. 

ronagali

Thanks for your response. Yes, I've tried that as well, still not working haha. Very frustrating. 

ronagali

Thanks for your reply. I've tried to match them up with what my partner had. His apps work without issue. 

ronagali

Thanks for your response. Yes I am. I even upgraded my plan because mms wasn't sending or receiving properly even though its unlimited lol. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronagali : Try not having an ip address in the Proxy. Keep MMS Proxy. Being able to connect to the internet on wifi has no bearing on whether or not you can on mobile data.

Edit: for the one called Public mobile. The one called Mobile internet may have some other little things to do. But make the one I mention the active one and then flip in and out of airplane mode.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ronagali , are you able to make and receive calls/texts?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ronagali , doe the P20 software allow for firewalling individual apps from accessing the internet?  If so, check those settings.  

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yikes, that sounds really frustrating, as if the internet works but yet it doesn't!  If it works on Wifi and not through your Public Mobile connection, the first thing that comes to mind are app restrictions on your phone.  If some works than others don't, then this may not be it either.

It sounds like you've already done a lot of troubleshooting - here were some ideas I found via Google that may or not help: https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-your-huawei-p10-that-has-no-internet-access-even-when-connected-t...

Have you tried putting your partner's SIM card into your phone?  If you're runnign out of options/ideas, this is another non-destructive idea you can try.  You can see if it's an account/configuration issue or with your phone.

Another idea is trying to reset your phone to Factory Default settings?  I realize this probably isn't what you want to do, but is another option.

Need Help? Let's chat.