cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can/US LD add-on confirmation

rdb91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings all,

I'm on the Fall 2016 promo plan and thus only have provincial calling included.  I've purchased the $8 add-on for the odd time I need to call outside my province or venture outside of it.

So far, I've used 38 of the included 200 minutes.

Questions:

1. What happens when I reach 200 minutes and the call is still active?  Does it drop without warning?  Do I get a voice prompt (if so, can the other end hear it too)?

2. Depending on how the system behaves for #1, what are the drawbacks if I was to purchase another $8 / 200 minute add-on?  Am I even allowed to stack the same add-on on the same line?

5 REPLIES 5

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Then I would add a couple addons, we could definitely wait for confirmation about stacking but I don't see a problem

rdb91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@DragonSpecV wrote:

Maybe it works just like a calling card?  Once the minutes are up, it gives you a notification on your call, and cuts it out.

It's apparent you monitor your minutes, so it's good to be aware, and top-up when needed (like 2 minutes left) if you talk longer than a few mins at a time.

This is not my line that needs the add-on (I'm happy with Hangouts).  

This particular end user needs the convenience of direct dialing to the US.  They do not monitor their account online or want to have to deal with anything related to the service itself.  It just has to work ... patience meter is always at zero!

DragonSpecV
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe it works just like a calling card?  Once the minutes are up, it gives you a notification on your call, and cuts it out.

It's apparent you monitor your minutes, so it's good to be aware, and top-up when needed (like 2 minutes left) if you talk longer than a few mins at a time.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
As far as I know you can stack the add ons, I don't see a problem there. Unfortunately I'm not sure what happens when you run out.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I have 198 minutes remaining after almost 12 months... I have no clue what to expect either.

If it's like a data addon in operation, there will be no notice - just a drop of service as you no longer have it available.

Other than that, we need someone to help us understand what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.