cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove my payment method / ie delete my credit card and leave that field blank

Will123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pm is sending a new sim but wants to keep the account active and then give us a credit for the time we had no service but I’m going to use speakout in the meanwhile and don’t want to go through another billing cycle with PM if we aren’t using them. The idea was to switch services but public tried a port and duffed their sim. We paid already for a month just to go to waste. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Will123 wrote:

Ya I’m sure they want a few more bucks from me. I have a Speakout number and sim already. PM can’t port phone numbers with a reasonable success rate so I’ll never try that again. They are sending me a new SIM so in a couple months when my kid’s Speakout time is up again, we’ll try using PM but with the new SIM and a new PM phone number.  I’m assuming they can add their new SIM to the account in question. 

@Will123 -You don't need to change the phone number when you get a new SIM card. You can use the SIM change feature in your son's My Account yourself to change the SIM card on the account. 

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

If you disabled autopay, just remember to reactive before you are in nonpay status of 90 days. After this point you will lose the account and phone number.

Will123

Ya I’m sure they want a few more bucks from me. I have a Speakout number and sim already. PM can’t port phone numbers with a reasonable success rate so I’ll never try that again. They are sending me a new SIM so in a couple months when my kid’s Speakout time is up again, we’ll try using PM but with the new SIM and a new PM phone number.  I’m assuming they can add their new SIM to the account in question. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Will123 - why would PM want to keep this account active if you don't have a working sim card? Were they thinking they'd get another cycle's payment off of you, and you'd forget to ask for a credit when charged another cycle?

You said you are going to use speakout, you didn't mean you were going to port your public account to speakout did you? Cause if you meant that, then your Public account needs to be active to port out. Also, it would close your Public Mobile account here when you port the number to another provider.

@Will123  Yes that’s the new wording for auto pay subscribed /unsubscribed 

Will123

Awesome thx - unsubscribed. 🤔

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Will123  Just turn off auto pay 

Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1687950202541.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Will123 

if you want to remove the credit card from My Account, you will have to open ticket with support and ask them to do so for you.  Please message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.