cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I port my No. from rogers after my PM SIM get activated ?

itimjob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just want to try out PM for a week to see how the network in my area.

If it works well I will move from Rogers.

So I wonder if there is an option to port the no. after the activation ?

Lemme know 🙂

Many thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

@itimjob wrote:

thx for reply.

So  if I sign up for 10 days Text only plan. Can change it to the new promo withing the 10 days ? or I need to do it afther 10th ?

Thx 🙂

Just make sure you change to the new Promo Plan before November 20 as that is when this great deal ends

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@itimjob wrote:

thx for reply.

So  if I sign up for 10 days Text only plan. Can change it to the new promo withing the 10 days ? or I need to do it afther 10th ?

Thx 🙂

Yes, you can change it anytime even right after activating. There will be an option that will allow you to change it on your renewal day which is end of 10 days plan. 

itimjob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thx for reply.

Thx 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I read a post Luddite made and they are some great tips

Luddite wrote:

My personal "Do nots” for port-in

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Rogers account number; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Roger's bill

- do not use the your Roger's number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Roger's number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

Good luck. If the port-in has not finished within 3 hours create a New Message under the topic Getting Started

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes. It is done from within your account under Change Number.

You have chosen the BEST procedure. Porting while activating usually works BUT there is a risk of having no phone service at all which is incredibly frustrating.

When do do begin the transfer be sure the account number and your name are EXACTLY as shown on your Rogers bill. Reemember to unlock your phone if you purchased it from any carrier but Koodo/Telus.

Here is my verbose thinking on the matter: Best procedure

Good luck. Enjoy the savings,

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Sure you can 🙂

If you just want to test the network connectivity, you can sign up for 10 days Text only plan for $11 and change it to the new promo before Nov 20. 

Need Help? Let's chat.