cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pause my subscription?

Valeria_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For example next month I’m going on vacation for a month. The thing is that my subscription renews the day I will leave the country, which means I’ll be paying for a plan I will not use that month. I have automatic payments and an old plan that no longer exist. Is there the possibility to pause it and then resume it when I get back without changing my plan?

7 REPLIES 7

@Valeria_B 

No you won’t lose your rewards. You won’t get the 5% in points for the nonpayment.

I also stand correct about enabling/turn on Subscribe. You need to make a manual payment as noted by @computergeek541 to resume service.

@will13am wrote:

@Valeria_B , you can suspend your account for up to 89 days without losing the account.  Go to the online account, payments tab and manage subscription, turn subscribe to off.  When you come back make sure to turn subscribe back on.  If the account remains dormant past 90 days, it will be deactivate permanently.  

There are some cases in which disabling autopay won't prevent the account from renewing.  This can happen if there are extra funds already in the Public Mobile avaialble balance account.

Valeria_B

Ohhh! Good to know 

Valeria_B

But will I lose my rewards or the time I’ve been a member?

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Valeria_B 

Just login to your account online or PM app and disable/turn off subscribe so you won’t be charge for the upcoming renewal for a month.

When you return remember to enable/turn on Subscribe so you can continue with your service.

After returning, re-enable autopay won't make the service resume.  If the account has been suspended for non-payment, a manual payment must be made to restore service.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Valeria_B 

Just login to your account online or PM app and disable/turn off subscribe so you won’t be charge for the upcoming renewal for a month.

When you return remember to enable/turn on Subscribe so you can continue with your service.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Valeria_B , you can suspend your account for up to 89 days without losing the account.  Go to the online account, payments tab and manage subscription, turn subscribe to off.  When you come back make sure to turn subscribe back on.  If the account remains dormant past 90 days, it will be deactivate permanently.  

Need Help? Let's chat.