cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have have my old phone number

Jehud
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A couple of mouths ago, my phone got stolen with my sim card in it, i just buy a new one, but when I try to connect to my public I only had the choice a nother phone number. But since, when I try to connect to my account they still send the verification message to my old phone number, could it be possible to link my current sim card to this number instead. Thank for your time.

@ CS_Agen

edited by computergeek41:  Please be aware that the username "CS" that was orignally tagged is not a Public Mobile customer support account.  Please do not provide any information about your account to that username.

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jehud - You don't want it activate this new SIM card, you want to swap it with your current one instead.

An account that has been in nonpay status for over 90 days is lost and closed. When was the last time you made a payment to renew this account? But, is sounds like this is within 90 days if you say the code is going to the old number...so this number should still be available if you didn't port it out. 🙂

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jehud 

With the new app and website, you need to create a Eversafe ID then you can login to your account then click on Resend Code and you have the option to sent the 2FA code by email, text or call.

There you need to update your SIM card number in the Profile section.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did you do a number change on your old account or did you create a new selfserve account.  If it's the first, then I believe your number will no longer be available. Was the original number given to you by public or a different brand(ie you ported to pm) if you ported the number has probably gone back to their number pool.

Need Help? Let's chat.