cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer have email

Gaby29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I no longer have the email linked to my account and I want to sign in to my account to cancel the subscription. Can I do this?

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gaby29  do you know the 4-digit account PIN connected to this account? If so, you may also try calling # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device, then remove Autopay (press 5) , so that the account goes into nonpay/suspend status. After 90 days in this status the account closes permanently. 

@BlueGreen wrote:

I don't think you can access your account without logging in with an email. 

@BlueGreen It depends.

if EverSafe is setup, the email address is just used to sign in to My Account, OP can ask the 2FA code sent to the phone (which EverSafe system is defaulted to sending to phone anyway).  So, as long as OP knows which email to use and password and a working phone, OP can still login My Account and disable Pre-Authorized payments (unsubscribed)

BlueGreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't think you can access your account without logging in with an email. I would create a new account if possible. Or ask the ticket agent to cancel your subscription or ask the ticket agent to enter a new email for your current account if it is still open and login in to cancel your subscription. 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Gaby29 

If you want to cancel your plan. You don’t need to access your account. You can just port your number to another carrier and confirm to the text you are porting out.

It's true that would close the Public Mobile account, but if the customer no longer needs or wants the phone number, these steps would incur extra costs.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gaby29 

If you want to cancel your plan. You don’t need to access your account. You can just port your number to another carrier and confirm to the text you are porting out.

You account will be closed and the SIM will no longer work.

If you just want to suspended your account then you need to login to account and disable AutoPay Subscription. If this is the case then create a Eversafe ID with old email and click on Resend Code by text or call to access your account and change to new email in Profile section.

@Gaby29 wrote:

I no longer have the email linked to my account and I want to sign in to my account to cancel the subscription. Can I do this?

Assuming that the service is still active, access to the e-mail address isn't needed.  The 2FA code will be sent to your phone by text message.  Logging in to Self Serve would still be possible.  In any event, the while pre-authorizerd payments can be disabled by the method that Mimmo mentioned and also via Self Serve, I would also suggest removing the card from the account entirely. For that a ticket will need to be opened.  Tickets are opend through the chatbot at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can dial 611 and disable autopay. Wich would then effectively stop your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.