cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get the Bonus Data period Extended?

Noybit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've barely used a fraction of it.

As a loyal Public Mobile customer for over 6 years, I'd expect there would not be an expiration date to use the bonus data fromt he legacy plan I've had for years.

Please can someone help with this. I need this extra data and would like to keep it until I use it all. I'm already paying more per month since the plan rewards were changed a few weeks ago. Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Charles97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

30 GB Data Loyalty Bonus in my account. I did not know until recently. So far, 140 out of 150 days are gone, I only used 10%. In this month, I started to use more data, but it uses my regular subscription data (1GB), 50% gone in 2 days, will be used off soon, then I will have no data use in the 11th day of the month. As my subscription 1GB will be used up, the reward bonus leftover 26 GB is expired in 10 days. What a funning program? Any comments to get the expiring date extended? 

anotheran

That's the plan. Give high data accounts even more data you won't ever get to use before it expires as a consolidation for getting rid of legacy discounts. 

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got my loyalty bonus partially returned and extended.  However, they were extenuating circumstances. 

I originally had 240 GB and when I downgraded my plan, PM canceled all of it. I submitted a ticket and waited a month for a response. Meanwhile, I was dealing with slow speeds and dropped calls. 

When an agent finally contacted me, PM returned only 5 GB of the loyalty bonus data to me. And they asked me to run a bunch of speed tests to analyze the slow speeds. When I complained that I was using up all of my data running speed tests for them, PM returned the 5 GB and reset the expiry for a new 150 days. I currently still have 99 days before the loyalty bonus data expires.

It isn't going to happen @Noybit .  

It's a reward program - a completely optional program.

The CCTS (as with most similar such institutions) will simply give complainants the sense they're doing something, will make it seem their complaints are legitimate, then after a period of time, will conclude they don't have the authority to direct whether a provider offers a reward program, or alters their reward program.

Smoke and mirrors.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Noybit 

It will nice if we get the old reward system back, but don’t put a lot of hope in that.

Noybit

I hope this gets resolved through the CCTS. because this is ridiculous for over 6 years of loyalty all going down the drain. https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2024/03/31/ccts-rejecting-public-mobile-responses-rewards-complaints/

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Noybit 

Every loyal customer will be happy if this can be done, but unfortunately, I don’t think it’s possible to extend the expiry date for those loyalty data.

Need Help? Let's chat.