Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls

Giffy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t make a call or receive a phone call. When I call out it says call failed

6 REPLIES 6

@velcrow wrote:

Ok, putting the SIM card in another phone worked. I can now make calls and text. I sure hope it stays that way. Thanks to all who helped me through this.

This may not have been necessary. I also encountered an issue after Public Mobiel had a network outage within the last few days.  Calls would not work unless I manaully selected the 3G network or unless I restarted the device.  The service might have still worked in the original device. 

velcrow

Ok, putting the SIM card in another phone worked. I can now make calls and text. I sure hope it stays that way. Thanks to all who helped me through this.

@velcrow autopay could fail occasionally.

But if it some of them can be sent just not all, then it is not an account issue

Did you try changing your network to 3G Only? and see if it works?

Try to put your sim card in another phone and see if any difference.  By doing that, it could force a sim reprovisioning and it might resolve your problem

If you don't have another phone, click Reset All Networks and see if it helps (please note that will delete your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections and you will need to add them back after)

velcrow

Yup same thing is happening to me. And sometimes I can send and receive texts,  most times I can’t. Been this way all day. Yesterday was fine. Rebooted phone several times. Can’t be a pay issue cause I’m on auto pay. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Giffy 

Did you check if your account status is active?  To avoid browser cache confusing,  please login My account using Incognito mode to confirm account status

If it shows On Hold (Suspended) , then it is a payment issue.  Click "Pay Now and Resume Services" to make a manual payment 

If it shows active,

• first try to reboot the phone
  • If that does not work, change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works
  • Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps
  • and do you have another phone to test the PM sim ? just to make sure it is not a device problem.  Also, that can force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the problem
  • Also, try the phone in another area if possible, it could be just a local network outage

if none of those works PM supports are your friends

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Giffy  Is your account active or on hold ( suspended) call *611 what does the recording say . Try to reboot phone or reset network work settings . Try net work in 3G see if it helps with calling  if all else fails please 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.