cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to BC Mental Health Support

Rosalinda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

According to the Health Link BC, mental health support is accessible by dialing 310-6789.  When I try it, I get a message:  "Public Mobile here.  Your call cannot be completed as dialed."

I appreciate your help.

11 REPLIES 11

@Boki

THAT will be the day when pubicM fixes all issue they have.
- Updating credit card info
- Calling certain phone numbers
- Customers have no servcie in USA even if they have proper plan or add-on

@Boki 

I've never had an issue updating credit card information NOR using PM services in the USA, whether on the Canada-US plan or using available add-ons.

But yes, they've got issues which are dealt with at a snail's pace, that's for certain.

@colleeno wrote:

I have read on this forum previously that 310 numbers don’t work for other cell phone companies as well. Someone did mention that if you add 1-866 before the 310 number it might work.

Dialing 1-866 before a 310 number isn't a fix.  If it happens to work, this just happens to mean that the company has also paid to get the matching toll free number with the 866 area code.   Unforutnately, that's not something that is automatic.

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@HALIMACS wrote:

Indeed it has, @Rosalinda 

310 numbers don't require an area code - that's caused issues for Public Mobile.

They REALLY need to address that, especially as it relates to important services for people.

THAT will be the day when pubicM fixes all issue they have.
- Updating credit card info
- Calling certain phone numbers
- Customers have no servcie in USA even if they have proper plan or add-on

Should I go on? How pubicM retains its customers is beyond me...

@fixin1 

I tried calling both the BC mental health and the Telus 310 numbers you posted and neither are accessible from a work device on the Bell network.

Not good.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS - It has caused me havoc as well - 310 2255 (TELUS Support number). Get the same message of that it cannot be completed as dialled, but I would recommend to just call a department like 811 or another BC health department with a 1-800 or a 1-888 number, but try it on a TELUS phone (Corporate or non corporate) it still works.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have read on this forum previously that 310 numbers don’t work for other cell phone companies as well. Someone did mention that if you add 1-866 before the 310 number it might work.

Rosalinda

I'll share result of my ticket with Community.

How long ago did you report this? If you don't get a proper response or it's not working with a time frame you think is acceptable, I would also let BC Mental Health be aware of this as they have channels of command to run this up to get it resolved faster.

Indeed it has, @Rosalinda 

310 numbers don't require an area code - that's caused issues for Public Mobile.

They REALLY need to address that, especially as it relates to important services for people.

Rosalinda

I've already submitted a support ticket.  I was just wondering if the problem has been observed in Community.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Is there no area code you must dial first?

EDIT: Area code not needed.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1712438986732.png

Please report this to customer service by creating a ticket.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1712438888614.png

Need Help? Let's chat.