cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not working on us addon talk/text/250 data

Bowmanville
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Initially fine. Roaming on. Connected to Tmobile. Text work fine. Most data used up. 7 days into plan. I get numerous new voice mail notifications since i cant be reached. I cannot call out or into voicemail. Im in Arizona. Pls help!

16 REPLIES 16

Click on the little spinner refresh icons or use private mode to see if things update.

Bowmanville

Very trure there are many holes in us coverage. Textnow was a big help for me. Coverage returned when back in major centres.

Bowmanville

Thanks for help. I had the us talk text daya plan.. Textnow was a big help for me. Coverage returned when back in major centres.

Bowmanville

I noticed the pm status page is way off too...eg ive used up the 250 mb data but status says I have 250 left and 11 of 11 days remaining.

Bowmanville

Thanks for help. Very trure there are many holes in us coverage. Textnow was a big help for me. Coverage returned when back in major centres.

Emmhayden

Why buy the data if service is spotty across the US?  I’ll buy a SIM card if I need data but use wifi I think.

I bought the $15 phone/text plan so people can reach me at my regular number and I can call out.

T-Mobile LTE did not give me phone service or texting.  I could use data.  I got the customer service agent to refund the $20 charge from Nov 4 for the bundle (that doesn’t seem to exist anymore)

I’m going to stop on this stuff now and enjoy my trip so I wont be communicating on the issue any more. Cheers!

@Emmhayden- You have your other ongoing threads....

From earlier, did you see the $20 add-on before you got in touch with support but after it looked like you bought it as shown on your payment history image?

Did you leave the phone on manual T-Mobile and LTE? Does text work? And more problematic, does talk work?

If texting works then you could now buy any of the data add-ons and it should work.

Emmhayden

Hi,

I opened a ticket and worked with the service desk agent and she credited my 10day US roaming bundle. ($20) I ordered a 10 day phone and text pkg for $15.

when I went to the public mobile site this morning I not see the US 10day bundle for $20 as available anymore.

Emmhayden

I have same issue.  Have not been able to resolve.

and now I see the option for the $20 Roaming bundle is not available….????

they charged me but the service didn’t work.

@valpoli- Click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down or use private mode to make sure you're seeing proper current information. Which exact roaming add-on did you buy before? Which one did you recently buy?

Adding - updated from other thread

valpoli

I have been using US Add On for last week on TMobile 4g and seemed OK -although data seemed to fail Now bought new 10 day plan and it wont work  even though it says active on account page, 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Alternative...go to Walmart and get a local sim and a cheap plan. At least you'll have some ability to communicate.

When you get home, initiate request for credit, as suggested above.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Nothing you nor PM can do for you. US add-on are become unreliable since 3G is turned off in US and if very lucky you might get some 2G connection.

Install free voip app and try to use WiFi if you are close by any to check your voicemail.

Arun94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

One thing you could do to try it out would be to test calling your phone, do you have any VoIP services (textnow, google chat, hangouts, etc), that you could use to try calling your own Public #? But like others said, it seems the service is unreliable for talking, other simple options could be restarting your phone as well as reconnecting your APN. It's also worth seeing what your APN looks like when connected to TMobile, you may be missing the talk component there.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bowmanville  Sounds like you’ve done everything correctly, the service is so unreliable for talk. Better off to get larger data addon and use WhatsApp type service for calling 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bowmanville , T-Mobile's 2G network has coverage holes which is likely why you are having issues with making and receiving phone calls.  There really isn't much Public Mobile can do to fix the coverage issue.  I would suggest that you use the chatbot link at the bottom of the webpage to initiate a support ticket to get some sort of partial refund for the lack of service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.