cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not coming through

yanminxu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used a friend's phone to call my cell phone - the calls either 1) straight to voicemail or 2) doesn't ring on my cell. Can someone explain why?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yanminxu   It was working before but just have that problem today?  Or you just activated and never able to receive incoming calls?

Is outgoing calls working? 

try to  first  reboot the phone

If that does not work, change the Preferred network to 3G only / WCDMA only and see if it it picks up incoming calls

If it still does not work, try to reseat the sim card.  Power off the phone, take sim card out for a minute and then put it back and power up

If you have another phone around, you can also try to put the PM SIM in the other phone try test it

JL9
Mayor / Maire

What phone do you have? Is this rare or always been like this, could network/signal. Troubleshoot with the suggestions above and it should narrow it down

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@yanminxu 

Are you a new customer? Have you tried rebooting, resetting network settings, reinstalling SIM card. Is your phone unlocked?

Can you put your preferred network to 3G and try?

Can you try your sim in another unlocked phone?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@yanminxu 

Few things to try,

1. Looking in your phone Settings to see if Do Not Disturb is turned on.

2. Reboot your phone by holding down the power button and Power Off the phone then wait 2 minutes then power the phone back on.

3. There might be a Telus outage so check the outage map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Need Help? Let's chat.