cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls forwarded to regular voicemail where people leave messages - do they use up minutes?

slpless
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Now that it's official that call forwarding use up minutes, I continued my testing to see whether calls forwarded to disabled voicemail with extended absence greeting use up minutes or not. I can confirm that they don't use up minutes.

PM4.jpg

PM3.jpg

What about calls forwarded to regular voicemail where people leave messages? It will be longer than 8 seconds. Do they eat up minutes?

4 REPLIES 4

slpless

@LEGO wrote:

@slpless

If Android phone used, you may disable your Voicemail by following this route: click here

EDIT: Sorry @slpless, I just remembered from RFD forum that you have an iPhone. Woman Embarassed

Yes, haha. Thank you.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@slpless

If Android phone used, you may disable your Voicemail by following this route: click here

EDIT: Sorry @slpless, I just remembered from RFD forum that you have an iPhone. Woman Embarassed

slpless

Just to give you some background why I did this test.

As we now know, call forwarding use minutes for $10 50/50 plan. I don't use call forwarding, so that's fine. However, I found calls unanswered and forwarded to voicemail use up minutes. I didn't like it, so I decided to disable voicemail. Unfortunately, Public Mobile doesn't allow it. So, I used extended absence greeting to make it unable to leave a voice message. Whenever somebody calls me and I don't answer, it will be forwarded to voicemail. However, the caller hears a simple "Thank you." and will be disconnected. By doing so, there will be no minutes eaten up.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

According to the following it suppose to, but i guess it might be another goodie just like the long distance add-on 🙂

Uses minutes

Doesn’t use minutes

-  Making a call

-  Answering a call

-  Retrieving voicemail messages

-  Using call forwarding

-  Calling *611 (the IVR)

-  Making or receiving calls from 911

-  Using calling apps when connected to Wifi

Need Help? Let's chat.