cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Dropped

sbabcock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since yesterday, both my Android and my wife's Apple device are experiencing blipping during calls and outright call dropping.

This is occurring in different location (many km apart)

I have reset the network on my phone / tried Airplane mode off and on - no change

Steve

9 REPLIES 9

@sbabcock 

if one clicks on the options it provides it will eventually lead to creating a ticket. it's a basic system...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

sbabcock

I gave this a try and now I'm just having trouble placing a call

Ho do I get Customer service - I seem to end up in the AI

@sbabcock 

wcdma = 3g

remove and reinstall the sim card while the device is off. if it's not helping I would contact customer support and have them reset the network on their end.

sbabcock

I don;t see 3G as a network type on my phone - they're LTE/WCDMA, etc

sbabcock

Yes - rebooted and the issue is occurring at my home where we've always had good service.

It's also occurring at another location where other people use PM but they're not having a problem

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely short network outages not reported as 'real' outage.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried to reboot the phone? Sometimes that works. Also are you in the coverage zone? Any potential interference that could be affecting the calls? If all of those are answered, you might need to submit a ticket to Customer support 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sbabcock , it could be a network issue  in your area

you can try to change the network to 3G Only and check if the calls are better.  If it is , leave it there for couple days before you change it back

If nothing work, try also to open ticket with CS agent and ask them to check if there is a known outage or equipment problem in your area:

to open ticket,  at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@sbabcock wrote:

Since yesterday, both my Android and my wife's Apple device are experiencing blipping during calls and outright call dropping.

This is occurring in different location (many km apart)

I have reset the network on my phone / tried Airplane mode off and on - no change

I suspect that there could be network maintenance occuring. With stuff such as this, the problems often fix themselves over time.

Need Help? Let's chat.