cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling to USA ? Gone?

vacek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was excited to see new 4G plans, but none with calling to the USA. Deal breaker for me. Not even an add on 

in fact, I don’t see that option for any 3G plans any longer either ? Is this correct ?

is my current plan, which allows unlimited calling to the USA from Canada , grandfathered? Do I get to keep it as long as I don’t upgrade or downgrade ?

Slightly disappointed …..

13 REPLIES 13

@jyb wrote:

Yes but who wants 2G service. Spotty and poor audio at best. I live in Texas 6 months every year and 2 G will not cut it for me. They originally talked about activating volte service by fall. 

I found 2g service on Rogers to not have of a clearly defined sound as the Rogers 3g network.  There was defintiely a difference that I could hear.  However, I say that only knowing that there were two options back then and was comparing the the sound on one network immediately after using the other.  If I had only ever used the 2g Rogers network for voice, I probably would have been fine with it.  It is still a digital signal after all.  Even audio quality from carrier to carrier can different, sometimes based on the CODEC used.

jyb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes but who wants 2G service. Spotty and poor audio at best. I live in Texas 6 months every year and 2 G will not cut it for me. They originally talked about activating volte service by fall. 

jyb

I wonder how good that 2G will work. Will be interesting.

@jyb Check your Plan Details on My Account and confirm if it is there still.  There were posts about they no longer see the US roaming parts on the Plan Detials earlier.  If you don't see it, open ticket with PM support to confirm 

As long as it still on your plan details,  you can still use  the roaming after 3G  shutdown .

Roaming data and text will work on both AT&T's and T-Mobile's LTE networks without any problem 

Roaming voice will work on T-Mobile 2G network.

jyb

So will the US 3G problem be gone for me then and will now run on US carrier 4G?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@jyb 

yes of course you will keep it as long you pay for the service and never changed.

your phone will automatically select the best available network for the service provided in USA.

jyb

I have the 60.00 per month USA Canada plan (calling while in USA) 8.5 . Grandfathered plan from 2019.. Does this mean I will again have USA voice coverage after the 3G is shutdown in the US

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you only make occasional calls to US, the Canada to US calling minutes add-on is still available...

Canada Add-Ons

Any unused data or minutes will roll over to your next plan cycle.

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes $15

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@vacek wrote:

I was excited to see new 4G plans,

WHY? Why does data speed is SO important to you or anybody? It is a PHONE. You want high speed internet, use real internet provider.

And you cannot have everything: either high speed or US calling...😋

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vacek hi it is still in your 3g plan it's just an oversight with the new design just to clarify, if you already have a plan with US calling 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @vacek   the US calling add-on is still there if you are willing to pay extra

But all the current plans, 3G or 4G no longer include US callings

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@vacek 

new plan is USA is gone

but if you grandfathered has USA plan then keep it if you changed you will can't getting back.

Need Help? Let's chat.