cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling england

Cunedda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have nearly 400 mins of available time to call internationaly. When I try to call a number in Plymouth England using the 011 44 prefix numbers to the Plymouth number 01752 xxx xxx I am told it can't be called as dialled. Does anyone know why?

2 REPLIES 2

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Cunedda   Just to add another point to softech's advice, I found that 011 plus country code didn't work for long distance calling a little while ago even for saved numbers that I had no problem calling before and I had to instead replace the 011 with + 44 (or whatever country code) before my call would complete.  

Not sure if this was a problem for a short period or something has changed, but it might be worth trying in case you're still experiencing problems calling the UK number.

On a side note, also noticed for some really strange reason that my uninterrupted international call deducted from two different international add-ons (luckily both gifted) which I found really odd, but then, again, this is PM which has a lot of idiosyncrasies all over the place..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Cunedda 

To call UK, drop the 0 before the area code
So, to call number with area code 0186 , it should be just call 01144 186 1234567

so, in your case, the area code is 0175, drop the zero and call 01144 175 xxxxxxx

Need Help? Let's chat.