cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling and texting

hazemyboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can’t call or text and can’t receive calls or texts. I have not changed my number nor is my phone on airplane mode. My payment went through this past Saturday and I was able to use my phone. Last day and a half I have not been able to receive texts or calls nor have I been able to place any? What should I do. I’ve had this phone for years and never had any problems like this with the service. 

43 REPLIES 43

hazemyboy

No it is not working properly. I can now call out as before I couldn’t do that. That is the only thing that is working. I still can not receive text messages or receive calls.  I have done everything everyone has asked me to do thinking it will help and nothing has helped. 

@hazemyboy   I think earlier you said everything is working and I'm not sure how I missed that as I posted with an unnecessary suggestion after your post, unless their were two threads started and were merged, or not..  Anyway, just to clarify, so your phone is working properly now?

@hazemyboy wrote:

Where and how do I find that I have an iPhone 

From this reply.

hazemyboy

I stated I had an iPhone I’m not sure where you got the impression that I didn’t know what my phone was 

hazemyboy

I have an iPhone XR 

hazemyboy

Yes I have restarted my phone every day now since Sunday. I still can not receive calls or texts. I can however call out. 

Did you ever figure out what make and exact model you have?

If you go elsewhere do things work?

@hazemyboy   Sorry, I didn't read all of the suggestions that might have already been given, but have you tried powering off your phone and remove your SIM and tried it in another compatible phone and rebooted, then back and rebooted?

hazemyboy

Okay so newest news I can call out but I can not receive text messages or calls the calls go straight to voicemail 

@hazemyboy honest, likely a local network issue.  But whatever makes it works, will take it and happy to see you are back Connected!!

pmva
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hazemyboy wrote:

Everything is working now thank you everyone whatever has been done has worked. Not sure what I did but thank you for everyone 

Maybe it was just a local service outage.  Glad to hear it's working!

hazemyboy

Everything is working now thank you everyone whatever has been done has worked. Not sure what I did but thank you for everyone 

You don't know if you have an iphone?! Are there any branding logos or brand names anywhere on the phone? An Apple with a bite out. Samsung, ZTE, The Google G?

hazemyboy

Within the 10 minutes of talking to you all I have gone from 1 bar to full bars for service will try and make a call or see if someone can try and call me will update soon 

hazemyboy

Thank you have emailed them 

@hazemyboy wrote:

@hazemyboy  try changing to 3G this way:

Select Settings
  1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Mobile Data.
  3. Select Mobile Data Options.
  4. Select Voice & Data.
  5. To enable 3G, select 3G.

hazemyboy

LoveNature

@hazemyboy 

then open  ticket with SIMon Chatboth

typ: Agent
and Click, Contact Us
then Click, Other
and, Click here to submit a ticket.

send a private message to CS_Agent
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

let the support team check your account.

hazemyboy

I’m on unlimited texting and calling 500mb data 25$ month same plan I have been on since signing up with them. No messages no voicemails no texts no nothing no one is receiving texts from my phone either . And calling can not call will not connect for whomever I’m trying to call 

hazemyboy

I have done that multiple times since yesterday 

@hazemyboy  

yes, it could be local network problem

First, check if you phone shows connected to PM network.

pmva

@hazemyboy What plan are you on?  You have minutes left?  Text should be unlimited, so should at least receive those.  What happens when you call your mobile phone or you try to call out?  Do you get any message?

hazemyboy

I have also been with public mobile for over 4 years and NEVER have I had a problem like this before

LoveNature

@hazemyboy 

Check the status of service status outages 

try to turn off device take out SIM card and reinsert back.

hazemyboy

I’ve been trying to reach 611 since yesterday morning. It has not worked yet. As for the data and wifi, I was on data all yesterday as I was out of town. It was working perfectly fine. As to that I only have 500mb of data so I have now run out trying to make this work. I am now currently on wifi. I have restarted my phone I have removed my SIM card it’s been showing me one bar for service. I can log onto my account it says I’m active. So I’m really confused on why I can’t make a call or receive text messages 

pmva

@dust2dust wrote:

@pmva- Try again. It works fine for me. Sometimes i find I have to give a couple tries.

Took 3 times.  I see their IVR is as reliable as the self serve portal!  lol

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@pmva- Try again. It works fine for me. Sometimes i find I have to give a couple tries.

@hazemyboy- The site checks to see if maybe somehow your phone got blacklisted. The fact that data works though may rule that out. Are you sure that's cell data and not wifi?

hazemyboy

My account shows active and I have a text saying payment received last Saturday 

hazemyboy

I bought my phone so no reason for that , as I just searched what that website was 

LoveNature

Hi @hazemyboy 

can you try Login to your account is your status is showing is Active?

Need Help? Let's chat.