cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting

Daisy20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My call waiting is not working. When I’m on a call the caller gets a message saying that the number is no longer in service.

24 REPLIES 24

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

If call waiting was truely disabled, then that call while you were already on a call should be diverting to voicemail, not getting a number not in service message. This makes me suspect the "busy" conditional forward is not set correctly.

You might want to ensure all the conditional forwards are reset to default by dialing ##004#

Before you do so, you can check what they are set to as well as after the ##004# reset by dialing each of these codes:  *#61#   *#62#   *#67#

HI @Daisy20   this is a strange one.  

How long you have submitted the ticket?  If you not hear anything back tomorrow morning, message them back for update.

Make sure you ask them what was the reason and let us know.  

@Daisy20 

do you have any DND options enabled?

try deleting the cache and memory on the phone app and then restart

Daisy20

I agree it is telling but not sure what it is telling us! I did submit a ticket. No reply yet. Was hoping to trouble shoot it but nothing is working yet.

Daisy20

I reinserted my SIM card. No change.

yes, I did a reset of my device’s network settings. Did not work. 

Daisy20

Call waiting is enabled on my phone. My phone does not support dual SIM cards.

@Daisy20 

Googled and found this, does this help?

"Call waiting will only take effect when it is enabled on your phone and the Call waiting service is activated on the corresponding SIM card.

Open Dialer or Phone and go to > Settings. If your phone supports dual SIM cards, touch More in SIM 1 or SIM 2 and enable Call waiting."

@Daisy20 - Try turning off your phone completely, remove your SIM card, then  gently reinserting it. Restart your phone.

Also, have you tried performing a reset of your device's network settings (as @softech already mentioned).

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Daisy20

I tried dialing *43# before posting my question. It did not work.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

The issue appearing alongside the end of the roger's billing cycle seemed telling vs coincidental?

An event happening at the same time as another isn't always cause by the first event, but sure, it might not be coincidence.  However, for a number that has been ported over properly and that is still at Rogers, that wouldn't/shouldn't affect only incoming calls that come in when the customer is arleady on a call.  Are you think that this is Rogers/Chatr/Fido prepaid and that the plan expired?  I'm not even certain that suspended accounts lead to callers who try to call those customers to receive a number not in service error message.   It might be a caller not available message, the same type of message that a caller would hear if making a call to someone who doesn't have voicemail but doesn't answer.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

The issue appearing alongside the end of the roger's billing cycle seemed telling vs coincidental?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Yes...but can the OP not get incoming calling from pm/koodo/telus customers? Are far as I understand it? Or it's that weird Rogers thing where Rogers customers calling the number don't get transferred out? Or something like that?

What I'll agree on is that this shouldn't be happening.   Either incoming calls are being routed to Public Mobile or still to Rogers.  The person making the call shouldn't be hearing a not in service message, and this shouldn't only be when call waiting would normally kick in. A number porting oddity would more likely to affect the customer for incoming calls even if not already in another call.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Yes...but can the OP not get incoming calling from pm/koodo/telus customers? Are far as I understand it? Or it's that weird Rogers thing where Rogers customers calling the number don't get transferred out? Or something like that?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@darlicious wrote:

@Daisy20 

It definitely has to do with Rogers.

I don't believe that's the case. because the customer appears to be receiving calls on the Public Mobile service.    Let's assume though the porting hasn't been completed.  Calls would then be going to the customer's voicemail at the Rogers account if the Rogers SIM card has been removed. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Daisy20 

It definitely has to do with Rogers. We're you prepaid or postpaid? Did you port in and reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it? Can you log into your rogers account?

@Daisy20 wrote:

It was working for a few days until today. My previous provider Rogers billing cycle ended today so not sure if that affected it in some way. Yes, that’s correct, I only get the error if I’m on a call. Doesn’t seem like it’s a problem others have encountered, which is why I’m having a hard time finding a solution.

Your Rogers billing cycle is unrelated to this. Call waiting is handled by the network, and in this case, by the network used by Public Mobile.  As you're receiving all of your phone calls, number porting is already complete.

Try dialing *43#

Daisy20

It was working for a few days until today. My previous provider Rogers billing cycle ended today so not sure if that affected it in some way. Yes, that’s correct, I only get the error if I’m on a call. Doesn’t seem like it’s a problem others have encountered, which is why I’m having a hard time finding a solution.

Daisy20

It is a google pixle. I checked the settings it is all in order. I tried rebooting etc before posting. No luck!

Daisy20

Thank you, I read and tried all this before posting my question. No luck!

Daisy20

Yes I can receive incoming calls when not on a call. It is not the device. I changed to public mobile on Sunday and this problem just started a few hours ago.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Daisy20 - can you receiving incoming calls when you are not already on a call okay?

Try your SIM into another phone and see if the issue still happens, then you will know it is a device setting if it works in another phone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Daisy20 

Here is the help article on setting up your calling services including call waiting.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Daisy20   What kind of phone is yours?  Call Waiting could have turned off on the device level. 

For example, Samsung phone, Go to your Phone App, Settings, Supplementary services,  Call Waiting can be enable or disable there.

If Call Waiting is already enabled, try to first reboot your phone and check. 

if still not work, then do a network reset

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did it work fine before? If you test it when you are not on the phone it works fine but as soon as someone else calls you get a not in service message? I don't think it can be a network issue then if your initial calls are working without fail, I haven't heard of this issue, not sure if anyone in the community has dealt with something like this. Hopefully they can troubleshoot this.

Need Help? Let's chat.