cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding from area with no PM coverage or rouming

AnastasiaCh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I'm travelling with my PM phone at Dominican Republic.

Currently there is no possibility to purchase add-on for roaming to set call forwarding directly from the phone.

Is there any possibility to set call forwarding to other Canadian number? 

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

ReallyPissedOff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is a third option, but it would more than likely involve someone in the NOC at Telus manually adding the call forwarding as I doubt the reps have access to the switch.

We use to do it for customers all the time.  Simple process now, but back in the CDMA/TDMA days is was a multi-step process that required logging into the switch and changing several parameters. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnastasiaCh : If you are out of country with the SIM then you've been supplied two methods. I forgot about the much better faster idea that JK8 offered.

Otherwise...no.

@AnastasiaCh wrote:

Ok. I understand I can only modify voice greeting and listen to voice mails on my PM phone. But still not possible to setup automatic call forwarding, right?

Sorry, but you can't. Changing call forwarding settings requires you to be connected to the Public Mobile network.

AnastasiaCh

Ok. I understand I can only modify voice greeting and listen to voice mails on my PM phone. But still not possible to setup automatic call forwarding, right?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@AnastasiaCh 

If call forwarding is important to you and you are currently travelling  then do the following:

- Have friend purchase new SIM card and give you the sim number.

- You can then log into self service and choose Change Sim Card. Choose email for confirmation.

- Friend puts new activated SIM card in an unlocked phone and does the call forwarding to your Fongo number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnastasiaCh : Are you still in Canada? If not, you can't (edit: from elsewhere).

You could mail the SIM back to someone to insert into a phone and set up the call-forwarding.

AnastasiaCh

Thanks, I've got fongo. How to forward calls from PM number to the number provided by Fongo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnastasiaCh 

for public mobile only Add-on US roaming.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AnastasiaCh   No, you have to forward to Canadian number

Consider getting a free VoIP number like Fongo or TextNow.  You can then forward your phone over.   While you are at Dominican Republic, as long as you have Mobile data or Wifi, you can then get calls on your Fongo/TextNow.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AnastasiaCh , all call forwarding changes must be made with the phone while it is connected to the network.  Unfortunately there is no option to make these kinds of changes in the self serve account.  It would be nice if it were available in the self serve account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AnastasiaCh 

All call forwarding has to occur within Canada or with a US roaming add on to work.

Edit: 

Before travelling to another international destination. Using fongo on WiFi and/or an international/local SIM would then allow you to recieve your incoming pm calls. If you download fongo you can at least call your pm number for voicemail. Just enter your 4 digit voicemail pin # after connecting to access your pm voicemail messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.